how to switch of main body element in C2 template ?

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:47 pm
Hi,

have you ever heard about any wrongdoing of the mainbody on/off function in Corporate2 Template ?

I want to create a page, which only uses components, no content as such. Does not matter, which kind of menu type I am selecting and which setting I am choosing for "main body fontpage/subpages" in the template settings, I always find an empty space (a kind of placeholder) between the components, I am adding in top and bottom positions. Please find an example in the screenshot attached:

Here the menue type is "single article" and it creates a bulk white, empty field.

Any help helps ! Many thanks

Heino
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:29 pm
Hi Heino,

I haven't heard about this before, can you please send a PM to provide with backend access info for further check and help?

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:17 am
Don Lee wrote:Hi Heino,

I haven't heard about this before, can you please send a PM to provide with backend access info for further check and help?

Thanks,

Good Morning, Don,

have you recieved my PM yesterday ?

Thanks for your support !

Heino
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:17 am
Hi Heino,

Thank you, I have got your PM with details, I have tried but couldn't understand the issue with menu. Regarding the second issue, I have tried a solution for you is that I've added " test" as a page class to your menu item "Empty page" http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/601/8572925036.png

Now you can try adding this code to CSS Override to hide the main content placeholder:
Code: Select all
.test{
display:none;
}
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:49 am

Thank you, I have got your PM with details, I have tried but couldn't understand the issue with menu. Regarding the second issue, I have tried a solution for you is that I've added " test" as a page class to your menu item "Empty page" http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/601/8572925036.png

Now you can try adding this code to CSS Override to hide the main content placeholder:
.test{
display:none;
}

Hi, Don,

thanks for the trial, but... it did not work. the code is part of override.css, the override-button in the template is switched to ON and the page carries the "test" variable. But still the white bar in "empty page" is there...

For the menu: Please look to the page once more:

If you click on the page "parent", it shows, what it should: A single article (parent) plus some modules.
If you then click on the subitem "child", it shows some modules and a "file not found message"

Now, please look in the backend to the page child: There is no module assigned to that page and instead it show the article "child".

Finally, please move the page "child" from second level up to main level (same level as parent). Now suddenly child carries, what it should: No modules but the child text.

It looks like, that the parent page somehow passes its attributes to child...

Could I explain a bit better ?

Heino
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:13 pm
Hi, Don,

I could come a bit closer to the menu problem: When I changed the present parent-page from a single-article-page to a category blog, then the child page suddenly shows, what it should.

Means, the GK-Menu has a problem when a single-article-page should appear below another single-article-page.

For the moment, that helps, as I now know, what to avoid.

For the blank page issue, it would be good, if I could figure out, where the height of the main body container is set. There must be some margin-or padding-values, which create this 30 pix or so high white bar, even if there is no content.

Any idea where to look for ?

Heino
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:58 am
Hi Heino,

Can you please check my test account, it doesn't work anymore to check the issues.

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:16 am

Can you please check my test account, it doesn't work anymore to check the issues.

Thanks,

Hi, Don,

sorry for that. I switched ot off, as I found two acceptable workarounds during the weekend (Please see my two posts, I made this weekend here).

Nevertheless, you are right - better you check especially the issue with the menu to figure out the source of those bug.

So, I recreated the account and for safety sake I will resend the log ins by PM.

Now, here is still what you will find:

1. On my main domain (adress you have):
a. Menue
The parent/child problem with the menu. Look for the planned design for the child and see what come out instead. Now, move the child page to top level and see what happens....

b. blank page
Your .test suffix in fact worked well, sorry for that. It just did not do what I wanted to have: The article was not displayed any longer, but still a white bar (must be the container for the mainbody) with approx 40 pix height was there.
My workaround worked ok (I simply changed the colour of the container to transparent and the line to 0 pix), but still the 40 pixcontainer is there...

2. On my test domain (adress I will send by PM too) you find the second issue I had with the menu: It simply is gone.

That inatsllation (fully based on the quickinstallation while deleting the content) worked fine, until I installed the language switcher...

As said, I found workaround. But solving both issues would be really great...

Heino
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:31 am
Hi,

Is this the problem with menu that you wanted to say? http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/607/1107049300.jpg

If so, you could add this code to reduce padding value to fix it:
div.gk-menu > ul.level0 > li{
padding: 0 8px!important;
}

Then it would look like http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/607/4687279592.jpg
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:38 pm
Hi, Don,

no, sorry, that is not my problem.

Let me guide you step by step.

1. This (GK Parent page.png) is the parent page: A sincle article page with three modules below

2. This (GK Child on top level.png) is the child page as it should look like: A single article page, no other modules. Please compare in the admin area. This design is, what it should be.

3. Now let us move the child page to second lecel of menu, below Parent page (GK Child on second level.png). Please it yourself in admin area.
Now you have
- Child under Parent in Menu (pos A), but
- the article of child page is gone (pos B) you get an 404 message
- the modules which are assigned to PARENT are now suddenly appeearing on child (pos C)

This effect only appears, if PARENT is a single article page. If you use any other form (such as category blog etc), then CHILD works absolutely fine.

Does this make it clear ?

Many thanks for trying to help...

Heino
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:42 pm
Thanks for clarifying, is the problem that if Child is under Parent you will get a 404 page? I have tried changing the page to use another template and the issue persists so I think this is not a problem from template but Joomla itself.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:54 pm
Sorry guys, (both of you: Neitbite and yourself),

firstly:
I misleaded you, as I was not aware that you couldn't see the parent/child page as it just existed in the German menu. So, your multiple questionmarks have been right. Gomen nasai, as Japanese people say !

Secondly found the mistake.
Thanks to Neitbite's hint I checked the language settings. An the prob was, that the PARENT (top level) page was set to one language only while the CHILD (second level) was all languages. That created all that trouble....

Sorry for writing so long mails. And thanks for your support !

Heino
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:54 am
Hi Heino,

I'm very glad to know that you have fixed it out. You're always welcome so don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further assistance.

Have a nice day,
Platinum Boarder