Joomla multilanguage Menu

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:46 pm
I use joomla 2.5 with multilingual native. French and english. As for the French. I see the main menu. cependent when I switch into English I can not see the main menu. can you help me?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:22 am
Please look at this documentation https://www.gavick.com/documentation/questions/configuration-multilanguage-site-with-joomla-1-7/ where you can find step by step tutorial how to configure multilanguage menu.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:50 am
Hello, I have followed the documentation you posted and almost it works. I don't know if I am missing something, but I have managed to set up everything except the Home menu option for each language. What I mean is that the Home option defined for All languages appears no matter what. What I would like is to show the Home option defined for the selected language.
I have tried creating a Home option in the Main menu for each language, but still the Home for All languages appears no matter the selected language.
What should I do?

Thanks in advance.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:42 am
When the menu list scrolls down in admin panel you see the language flags ? Please check also language switcher settings whether it not loads always default Home menu.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:27 pm
bkrztuk wrote:When the menu list scrolls down in admin panel you see the language flags ? Please check also language switcher settings whether it not loads always default Home menu.

Yes, I see the language flags for each language in the menu list.
When you say language switcher do you mean the module or the language filter plugin? I checked both and didn't find anything about not loading the default Home menu, is it somewhere else?
As a temporary solution I have added this css in the template settings:
DIV#gkMenu DIV.gk-menu UL.gkmenu.level0 LI.first
{
display: none;
}
But I don't know if this is a clean way of doing.

And since we are on the subject, when I click on a flag I do not see the component. Each language specific Home menu options is Featured Articles type and I have assigned articles to particular languages as well as categories but I still cannot see any content when clicking on the flags. On the other hand, when I click on the Main menu language specific Home(s) which are the same menu type (Featured Articles) then I see the particular language home page, again am I missing something?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:03 pm
then I see the particular language home page, again am I missing something?

This is exactly how works Jooma language swticher, you are redirect to particular language home menu item.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:18 pm
bkrztuk wrote:
then I see the particular language home page, again am I missing something?

This is exactly how works Jooma language swticher, you are redirect to particular language home menu item.

First of all, let me thank you for reading what I wrote, but I would really appreciate it if you took the time to understand the problem. I know that when you click on a flag then you are redirected to the particular language home, but as I said before, the COMPONENT is not visible, only when I click the Home menu of for the particular language.
You can see it live here: http://new.ac-accountants.com/
When you click on the flag there is no component, but when you select the Home there is.
Both menu options are identical, just one is in the English menu and the other one in the Main menu, as you advice in your bilingual documentation.
This is a very serious issue, please advice.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:06 pm
This can be related with fact that option in template to show Component on home page works only with 'Home' menu items, in this case Joomla indicates only one 'home' menu item - this for both languages because this menu is active and I think you can avoid this case.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:18 pm
bkrztuk wrote:This can be related with fact that option in template to show Component on home page works only with 'Home' menu items, in this case Joomla indicates only one 'home' menu item - this for both languages because this menu is active and I think you can avoid this case.

Finally!
After your last comment I managed to find the solution, although I had to unscramble your message :D
For people that might be facing the same issue, the solution is:
Go to the template settings->Basic Settings
Change the Main Body - FrontPage from: Mainbody only to Component only

Thanks for all the help!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:37 pm
I have the same problem but my template does not have this feature in basic settings
http://212eyewear.com/basic.png
how can I fix this?
thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:38 pm
If your template don't have this option you need to use suffix for pages and hide the mainbody container via CSS added to override.css file.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:06 pm
thanks for the answer .... the problem is that I do not know what suffix to add!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 pm
I did this:
http://212eyewear.com/menu.png
the menu disappears in all languages
:blush:
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:08 pm
You can set any suffix name that you want to for example 'mySuffix', then in override.css you need to create CSS rules for this suffix so for example hide mainbody component.
Platinum Boarder