Upg: 1.5.26 w/ Corporate --> 2.5.4 w/ ____?

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:06 pm
Hello.

I'm taking over a website as the webmaster. First task is to upgrade from 1.5.26 to 2.5. I tried to install an upgrade file to 2.5, but it did not work. Therefore, I'm installing 2.5 from scratch. There is not much content on the site, so moving articles/data over will only take about 2-3 hours (completely manageable).

From what I can tell, in the backend of 1.5, the template used is Gavick Corporate. (See attachment #1.)

I imagine then (and hoping!), that the Corporate 2 template for 2.5 will allow me to keep the same template features as what we have now, but compatible with Joomla 2.5.

But, how do I keep the same colours, etc, that we currently have, with the Corporate 2 template?

Can I download the Corporate template CSS files that I'm currently using with Joomla 1.5 to be used with Joomla 2.5?

I'm new to Joomla (2 months) and completely new to Gavick, so any help would be appreciated.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 am
Templates created for Joomla 1.5 will not work with Joomla 1.7/2.5, please use 'Search' option on our forum you surely find many topics about this issue.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 03, 2012 4:03 am
I downloaded a quickstart for this template that was updated March 2012. It is supposed to work with Joomla 2.5, but I also have problems.

bkrztuk wrote:Templates created for Joomla 1.5 will not work with Joomla 1.7/2.5, please use 'Search' option on our forum you surely find many topics about this issue.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun May 06, 2012 10:30 am
The quickstart contains Joomla 2.5 inside so please it is working with Joomla 2.5, could you give me more details about your problem ? Maybe you use quickstart package in wrong way ? Please check our wiki where you can find step by step tutorial how to use quickstart package.
Platinum Boarder