Small navigation issue with the site articles

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 pm
Awesome template and I'm getting even more settled with using it but there is a frustration with navigation and the articles on the home page.

Set an article to anything but "Template Articles" and it will not "link" from the home page - it shows the bread crumb but takes you back to the homepage and does not show the article - tried changing "data sources" and that didn't seem to matter.

Further the "breadcrumbs" for the articles once set to "template articles" becomes "/joomla pages iii / category list/ <article name>"

Not sure what I'm doing or not doing but I'd like to be able to pull from my own categories and have the articles display correctly.

To see the breadcrumbs in action go to http://www.zahaitis.com and click on the "new" article in the lower left. - this article DOES work because I have it set to the "template article" category to MAKE it work so clients don't get the "run around" that the site is doing now.

Thanks in advance,

Joe
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:06 pm

GK User
Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:19 pm
Ok, I read the article, created the "hidden menu item" and associated it with "category list" . . . now the breadcrumbs show "properly", but when you link on the article "read more" from the homepage . . . it still takes you back to the homepage with the breadcrumbs showing where you are (the whole correct chain) but not the article.

I'd setup one of the articles for you to see it online today, but I'm setting up for a large show next week and need the site working (even if the breadcrumbs are not the best yet).

Let me know what else you need to help with the issue.

Thanks for the fast response and the excellent support (I'm happy to help with some "documentation" if you need - and I'm from the USA so the grammar will be "US-esq") - let me know.

Thanks again,

Joe
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:21 pm
If you can send me PM witch access to your joomla backend, would be great. And remember to add link to topic on forum too ;) and let me know if you set this article up for me.