Server requirements

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:06 pm
HI,

I have a situation where we have a template that works well on my local computer but fails to work when on a live server.

Our hosting provider runs on a shared windows hosting: Web Server - Microsoft-IIS/6.0

My localhost server runs on Apache.

Do your templates support shared hosting such as ours mentioned above?

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:45 pm
Hi,

Does the site work if you change to another template? What are error messages you have seen? Please let me know then I can help you better, we don't have any requirements for servers to work with our templates except of Joomla's server requirements.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:30 pm
Thanks Don,

I'll send you the link: www.bpslink.com

The navigation shows the right links (on mouse over) but does not click anywhere. In fact none of the links work, and when I mouse over some of the content links it refers to joomla extensions or joomla links but still does not click through to anything.

The abovementioned website was edited live, I have since worked on another one on my computer which has the links working fine but I have yet to transfer it. Would that resolve the problem we're experiencing with our current site with the links not working?

Really hope you can shed some light on this problem.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:48 pm
Hi,

I would like to debug inside the site to find out what causes the issue, so can you please send me a PM to provide with backend and FTP access info?

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:27 pm
Ok, but you will need to explain to me what a PM is (sorry, not very familiar with technical terms...)

thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:33 pm
Ok, have worked it out :) have sent you a PM ...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:03 pm
Thank you I got the PM and checked the site for you it seems to be a problem with SEF URL in your server, if I turn it off the links will work, so please follow this guide to fix it as well http://docs.joomla.org/Enabling_Search_ ... EF%29_URLs

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:31 pm
Wonderful, so glad you could locate the problem - will work on it right away.

cheers,
Vivian
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:21 pm
No problem at all, just let me know if you need further help.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:30 pm
Thanks, will do
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:40 pm
Hi Don,

Just to let you know we've come right - problem solved!

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Vivian
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:14 pm
I'm so glad to know that, you are most welcome so don't hesitate to ask me questions ;)

Have a nice day Vivian!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:28 pm
Thanks Don :) will do - and you have a great day!
Junior Boarder