gk-left does not show in Content

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 pm
Hi,
I use Corporate2 in J1.5.21. I made a copy in J1.15.23 to make updates and visualize bugs.

In the 1.15.23 copy, I noticed a problem when I add subcategories in K2. When I enter in the new subcategory, the left menu does not show anymore. But it does for the subcategory that was already created.
When I analyze it with Firebug I see that "Content" that is supposed to have "gk-left" is not there anymore in spite of have it published in Modules Manager in "left1" as it supposed to be.

To see where was the problem, I created a model from scratch with K2 and Corporate 2 and everything is working fine. So, I suppose something went wrong when I copied my website on 1.15.23. Could you please tell me where can I go in the system to repair this bug?

Thanks a lot for your help!
SGDB
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:16 pm
Hi

This is not a bug but a menu structure is redirecting You to a page where modules to the left column is not attached. Try to remove the second category link instance or attache modules to this second page also.

GK User
Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:37 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

This is not a bug but a menu structure is redirecting You to a page where modules to the left column is not attached. Try to remove the second category link instance or attache modules to this second page also.

Hi Teitbite,

That's the problem as the menu module is linked properly and supposed to show in this K2 subcategory and it is not the case. The same for the menu which is created and linked as it should. It is happening only in the copy I made in 1.5.23 but that does not happen when I do it (the same way) in the test website I created from scratch (and not from a copy).

Of course, I would like the copy to work properly as I do not want to redo the website by hand entirely. I thought that I could search in a specific file to see what went wrong when I copied the website to 1.5.23 and repair it.

Hope I am clear enough to visualize my problem...

Thanks again for your help,

SGDB
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:07 am
Hi

If it was working previously and now it's not, maby it's something connected with server or simply database or files were corrupted during moving. Can You try overwrite it ?