Quickstart installation probelms

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:31 pm
Hi,
I am trying to install quickstart for corporate 2 v 1.7. When I start installation I am receiving the following dialog:
“Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in /libraries/joomla/filesystem/path.php on line 156”
I found how to fix it and made the following change:
in the file: /libraries/joomla/filesystem/path.php
I made the change:
if (strpos($path, JPath::clean(JPATH_ROOT)) !== 0)
to:
if (strpos($path, JPath::clean('/')) !== 0)
After this Installation went smoothly but then after removing installation files the backend is not available, after login (the page doesn't exist) and most of the pages on frontend as well (only homepage is ok).
I tried 2 times and another one with different template – always the same situation.
the address of the site b.softelligence.pl
Hosted on Home.pl which is ready for Joomla 1.7 as has autoinstallator for this version
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:22 pm
Hi,

Apparently it's a problem of your server, you should contact system admin to check this for you, also if possible please PM me your FTP access then I will take a quick check for you.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:17 pm
the PM with FTP sent!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:15 pm
Ok It looks like I found the solution:

So, if some of you will receive this dialog when installing quickstart:
Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in /libraries/joomla/filesystem/path.php on line 156

1 you need to do small change in /libraries/joomla/filesystem/path.php

public static function clean($path, $ds = DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR){ $path = trim($path); if (empty($path)) { $path = JPATH_ROOT; } else { // Remove double slashes and backslahses and convert all slashes and backslashes to DS $path = preg_replace('#[/\\\\]+#', $ds, $path); } return $path;}

After:

public static function clean($path, $ds = DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR){ $path = trim($path); if (empty($path)) { $path = '/'; } else { // Remove double slashes and backslahses and convert all slashes and backslashes to DS $path = preg_replace('#[/\\\\]+#', $ds, $path); } return $path;}

Then the installation proces should run.
After all you may have problems with entering backend, in that case you need to go to configuration.php and made small change:

Original:
public $live_site = '';

After change:
$live_site = 'http://www.yourdomain.extention/';

Good luck
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:49 am
wow..thank you for sharing the solution.

Have a nice day!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:45 pm
Fresh Boarder