No Multilanguage support on your 1.7 templates !

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:44 am
I'm currently using the Corporate 2 template on 1.7.3.

Since the menu is selected in the the template's option (WHY !?!?!?!?) you can't assign proper menu module and language to it ...

So when you switch to the other language the menu disseaper ...

Please don't link the Joomla Language Switcher page ... this is far from my first joomla site.

How do you build a 2 language site with your template ????

I have 3 Menu : All (Set at default), French, English

French Menu is selected in the Template's settings ... I've tried to select the ALL menu but it will ALWAYS stay on the ALL Menu even if languages are selected ...

Please help me with this.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:38 pm
Hi

There is no special treatment. Just proceed like with any joomla template. Use one menu as default but specifie which language is each option.

GK User
Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:56 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

There is no special treatment. Just proceed like with any joomla template. Use one menu as default but specifie which language is each option.

This is impossible ...

The menu module is set up in the template, not in the module manager. Therefore, if I set a menu in the template, it will assign that menu on ALL language, so if I assign the english menu in your template, and switch to french, the french menu won't load !
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:19 pm
HI

No, no, no. Please use onlu one main menu and set directly in menu item settings which items are for english and which are for french. Only elements with choosen language will show.

GK User
Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:06 am
Everything is described at our wiki >> http://wiki.gavick.com/questions/config ... oomla-1-7/
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:41 pm
Hi

Yes this solution is also good.

GK User
Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:44 pm
Greetings.
I need more information on the operation of the Gavick multilingual Framework. The main menu of the template does not change automatically depending on the selected language. The only way I have achieved the correct result is assigned a different template style for each language. This is very uncomfortable. According gather from the wiki, this is not necessary.

So what is the correct procedure?

1. According to the wiki procedure with a single style of the multilingual staff works. If this statement is accurate, comprehensive information it does not work.

2. To operate the multi language in Gavick Framework must be assigned a different style for each language and assign each menu style for each language. This is very uncomfortable.

I think all users are interested in this information, so I would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks team.

PS: Sorry for my bad English
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:51 am
Hi

It's really simple. There is no other multilangual solution than the standard one which came with joomla itself. You can select any element: menu item/module/article in which language is created and after choosing the right language only elements attached to this language will show.

teitbite
Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:35 am
Hi

To be honest I'm trying to answer to Your question You;ve send me to my mail for some time. I'm working for my own client and trying to set english and greek version. Unfortunately looks like in joomla 1.7.3 the way I've always been doing it is not working and I got the same problem like You. I'll let You know as soon as I solve it.

teitbite
Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Hi

I've configured it on Your site. Please let me know if this is what You were asking for ?

GK User
Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:06 pm
I love Gavick templates, I've been using them years. Before going to the help desk trying to find the information necessary to disturb no avail. I have a month with a problem, first denied it existed, and once proven to exist, do not get a solution thereof.
There is a small problem a BIG problem. Gavern and Multilanguage. It does not work the way you say it works in your Wiki, the support service, has no satisfactory solution. Please do you have all my tickets to the help desk. The problem still exists, Gavern not assign the main menu according to the selected language. Currently Gavern is not a valid solution for Multilanguage sites. I have projects that I can not deliver to my clients why not get a solution to this major problem. Yes, there are many tricks to force it to work, but not a clean solution.

The question is: Now that the problem is known and supported by the support service, are you working with a solution? When is it available? Please, I and I suppose that all users of Gavick deserve a clear answer on the subject of Gavern and Multilanguage.

THE PROBLEM IS VERY CRITICAL AND NEED A SOLUTION. :(

My English is very bad. Attach a copy in Spanish and in English translation, to make it exactly clear message to you.

Confident with a satisfactory answer. Thank you.

-------------------------------

Me encantan las plantillas de Gavick, llevo años usandolas. Antes de acudir al servicio de soporte intento buscar la información necesaria para no molestarles inutilmente. Llevo un mes con un problema que, primero se ha negado que existiera, y una vez demostrado que existe, no recibo una solución del mismo.
No es un problema pequeño, es un gran problema. Gavern y el multilenguage. No funciona de la manera que ustedes dicen que funciona en su Wiki, el servicio de soporte, no tiene una solucion satisfactoria. Por favor, tienen ustedes todos mis tickets al servicio de soporte. El problema sigue existiendo, Gavern no asigna el menú principal segun el idioma seleccionado. Actualmente Gavern no es una solucion valida para sitios multilenguage. Tengo projectos que no puedo entregar a mis clientes porqué no recibo una solucion a este gran problema. Si, hay muchos trucos para forzar que funcione, però no son una solución limpia.

La pregunta es la siguiente: Ahora que el problema es conocido y admitido por el servicio de soporte, estan ustedes trabajando con una solución? Cuando estará disponible? Por favor, yo y supongo que todos los usuarios de Gavick merecemos una respuesta clara sobre el tema del Gavern y el multilenguage.

EL PROBLEMA ES MUY CRITICO Y NECESITA UNA SOLUCION INMEDIATA. :(

Mi inglés es muy malo. Adjunto copia en español y traduccion en Inglés, para que quede exactamente claro el mensaje que les transmito.

Confiando con una respuesta satisfactoria. Gracias.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:32 pm
Option to select menu for language will be added to future Gavern version (2.7)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:30 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Option to select menu for language will be added to future Gavern version (2.7)

Hi bkrztuk.
Thank you for your prompt response. Any date?
thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:52 am
There are several hardcoded strings in the template, like "tools" and "your account" and a couple more. Is there any solution to these for multilanguage sites?

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 am
Gallarreta wrote:There are several hardcoded strings in the template, like "tools" and "your account" and a couple more. Is there any solution to these for multilanguage sites?

Thanks!

Hi

Please look for this strings in template's language file.

GK User
Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:15 am
Thank you, great support!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:56 am
Hi

No problem, glad I could help.