myStore Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by referen

Create music content based Joomla website with this professional and cutting edge template created for Joomla 1.5
GK User
Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:15 pm
Hi

Using your very helpful quickstart folders I managed to get mystore working on my local XPHome computer using WAMP5. When testing comments, in administration, I clicked on comment manager and got the following error message :

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in c:wampwwwjoomla2administratorcomponentscom_jcommentsadmin.jcomments.php on line 341

It may be you know what might be causing this error, if so please help..

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:09 am
Hi

Most probably it's because your local server is using older PHP version... maybe PHP4.4?
If so, update your PHP version on WAMPP or try XAMPP local server.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:02 pm
Thanks I have upgraded to WAMP2i! It seems to have done the trick.

However I wanted to config the virtuemart, under the tab 'components'. My admin username and password is requested. However it will not accept my normal user/pass to login. Could you please assist

Your help is much appreciated.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:07 pm

GK User
Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:06 pm
Wonderful ... thank you it worked! I can now access the module but when I click on any of the links I get this message..

404 Not Found The requested URL /joomla/administrator/localhost/joomla/administrator/index.php was not found on this server.

Anyone else had this problem?
Thanks for your help.

myStore is indeed an excellent template !
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:13 pm
Actually, I am trying to change the default currency - but this is one of the links which I cannot access so any help there would be much appreciated.

I just spotted the following on the template..

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:wampwwwjoomlamodulesmod_virtuemart_latestprodmod_virtuemart_latestprod.php on line 83

Do you have any documents for manual installation of mystore? I am very much a newbie :blush:

Thanks again :)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:35 pm
Hi

The notice is noting to worry. Please just change the level of showing error in php.ini file.

Are You sure You did set the path right during change? It's reproducing itself.

GK User
Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:28 pm
Hi thanks for your response... are you saying that there is some editing required with the php.ini? I could find no install documents for mystore so please could you assist with what needs to be tweaked.

Thank you ''
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:14 pm
Hi

You can set it also at Global Settings >> Server

GK User
Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:16 pm
Thanks for your previous assistance...

myStore still has an error message concerning the search module. Please see image Image

I can now access virtuemart component, but unable to configure any menu links
message.
Not Found The requested URL /joomlaStore/administrator/localhost/joomla /administrator/index.php was not found on this server.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:15 am
reyach wrote:
myStore still has an error message concerning the search module.

Please disable PHP Notices on php.ini file on your server.

I can now access virtuemart component, but unable to configure any menu links
message.
Not Found The requested URL /joomlaStore/administrator/localhost/joomla /administrator/index.php was not found on this server.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Did you change or delete your configuration.php file?

Cheers
Platinum Boarder