Hewahoo quickstart instructions

Create music content based Joomla website with this professional and cutting edge template created for Joomla 1.5
GK User
Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:55 am
Joomla install would not install quickstart zipped files. Was not sure of the instructions in the Hewahoo manual about a quickstart install so I followed instructions contained in Hitmusic manual, ie unpacked Hewahoo quickstart files, then ftp folders/files to my server .. the transfer has been going on for over an hour! Is this normal?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:58 am
the quickstart contains both the template and joomla. you need only the quickstart, not a joomla installed before. and depending on your upload, and the listing time on your ftp server it can take a while. there is about 6000 small files. so if listing time for each file is slow - it can take hours ;)

this goes for all gavick's quickstart packages...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 am
Thanks for your quick response, yes Joomla was already installed, is that why quickstart zip did not work?

Yesterday tried step by step install, Joomla notified all was successfully installed but there were no working extensions.

Oh no :blink: FTP just crashed. What's is the easiest way to do this please? :(
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:23 am
the easiest way is to take the zip file, extract it on your pc. then upload to ftp . i use filezilla. Filezilla can upload 2 files at the same time. this makes it a bit faster.

if you want, you can email me ftp login , and I upload the quickstart for you.

mail me at gk[at]explode[dot]dk
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:54 pm
Hi Thanks for coming back to me. I do appreciate any help at this stage. I managed to get Hewahoo up and installed on my hosted server - but not yet published the site. However, I wanted to install play around on a local server (WAMP)and wanted to try out configuring Hewahoo with a Gavickpro eStore. The eStore appeared to install ok but the database sample stuff would not display. During the install there was an instruction to edit the config file. I tried but I could not access the file to edit. In the end I tried to delete Joomla and the templates files and start again but the system could not access the files to delete or move them!

I would really like some help configuring the installation of eStore with Hewahoo

Thank you :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:13 am
Hi guys I have just installed Hewahoo on my local server to try to configure bits and these lines of code appeared

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:wampwwwjoomlaHewahootemplatesgk_hewahoolayoutsGKTemplate.php on line 1017

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:wampwwwjoomlaHewahootemplatesgk_hewahoolayoutsGKTemplate.php on line 1017

This is similar to what I am experiencing with myStore - is this to do with some edit work required to the php.ini file?

Thanks again for your help. ;)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:22 pm
Hi

Yes. Edit php.ini file or use the function from Joomla Global Configuration for server.

But in this case I would say it's some problem with wamp components using versions.

GK User
Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:17 pm
I am using WampServer 2.0i [07/11/09]
- Apache 2.2.11
- MySQL 5.1.36
- PHP 5.3.0

which I understand are compatible requirements for your joomla templates.
Let me know if these versions need to be upgraded.

I am looking for a way to stop the errors appearing on my webpages

Thank you :side:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:57 pm
Helpful info: just found out PHP 5.3.0 is not compatible with Joomla, download PHP 5.2.9-2 addon http://www.wampserver.com/en/addons_php.php - this fixed the error messages on Hewahoo template.
Fresh Boarder