CSS or View modifications

Create music content based Joomla website with this professional and cutting edge template created for Joomla 1.5
GK User
Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 pm
Hi guys, I really, really, and one more time really need to change something with my Gavick_Image_Show and/or to my Module Positions.

I need to have an article spread 50% of a monitor and a left_one column position spread the other 50%, in order to put inside it a decent image_show gallery ...
Can You help, me, PLEASE !!

I've prepared a screenshot to explain you my doubts (in red you'll see what I need) ... just take a look, please!

Thank You in advance!
Pietro
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 09, 2010 12:25 pm
Hi

I need to see Your site and my old pass isn't working.

GK User
Sun May 09, 2010 12:32 pm
Ohh... Yes...
Now it is working!
Thank You so much ^_^
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 am
Hi

Did You installed a clear version of Hewahoo? I cannot see the content for me screenshot. Please guide me to the propper site.

GK User
Wed May 12, 2010 12:20 pm
I installed hewahoo using the quickstart ... Maybe I have to update the server database, but ... is it really so important ... ?? I'll do asap ... but by the way my questions are not based on some modification I've done ... I just need to change the basic template, in order to have a larger "Album Module" on the left_one position ...
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 13, 2010 1:31 pm
Hi

No no. I was just asking if You did install it again, because the things we were talking about dissapeared.

GK User
Sat May 15, 2010 3:14 pm
Yes, on my localhost, I HAD to do everithing by zero ...
But, I think it is not matter of it ...
Just ... tell, me teitbite ...
In order to have a larger ALBUM mobule ... do You need to have the site on line and use it ??? ...
Because, in this case ... tomorrow I'll try to reniew that test_version you found on the server ...
But ... please ... just help me !!
Thank You so much !! :o)
Pietro :o)
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 19, 2010 1:19 pm
Hi

Yes seeing it is important. Maby it will be possible to set it like You want it in css only. Or probably by using diffrent module position.

GK User
Wed May 19, 2010 3:11 pm
Maybe ...

But I do not know HOW to make another new Module Position ... It will be pretty hard ... ... ... Maybe it is possible simply change the CSS, delating the the LEFT_TWO position and making bigger the LEFT ONE ...
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 21, 2010 12:11 pm
Hi

You can add new possition with code:

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="user2" style="<?php echo $this->module_types["user2"]; ?>" />

and than adding it in templateDetails.xml

Sorry but there are restrictions on forum, and I cannot help You more because this topic is considered as customization :(

GK User
Sat May 22, 2010 11:40 am
But ...

What does it mean "this topic is consider as "customization"", Teitbite !! ??
That's not right !! :(

Listen ...
Tell me, please if ...
I do not understand ...
That code You wrote me is ALL I need to add a position ??
Just adding it on the templateDetails.xml ??
But ... Where are the dimensions ??

Or ... better ...
Just tell me HOW can I increese the left_one position ...
Please ...
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sat May 22, 2010 11:41 am
And ...
In the screenshot I sent to You ...
Are the questione 2 and 3 (about LOGO and BACKGROUND) considered CUSTOMIZATION too ?????
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 24, 2010 11:32 am
Hi

Everything which needs changes to the template is considered as customization, sorry but it's a new forum restriction due to the fact that there were complains about the support and we had to give up helping with making sites like users want and make only bug/config issues of our products. That should give us more time for those posts and provide better support (faster for sure).

For adding new position You will need only place in html code this line:

Code: Select all
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="user2" style="raw" />

and add the new name to templateDetails.xml

Code: Select all
<position>user2</position>

And what about the LOGO and BACKGROUND issue? Didn't we solve it before?