GAVICK IMAGE SHOW - use Finance style on The World News

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:51 am
Note: This is a repost of the following post because I was not sure if it would get any attention as reply. Here is the original: 76-the-world-news/41207-gavick-image-show.html#85760

Hello,

I am trying to do the same thing as the original poster - use the Finance style slideshow on a The World News site.

I have copied over the files from gk_finance_com/html/mod_gk_image_show/.. to gk_twn

I have also changed the path references in gk_twn/html/mod_gk_image_show/template.php

This did help as the navigation arrows are now showing up but now the images, titles, text and links are not. Instead the characters srclink appear. If you view source on these two the code shows as follows:

Code: Select all
<div class="gk_is_slide" style="z-index: 1;" title="Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet"><a href="http://bellarmine.dreamhosters.com/components/com_gk3_photoslide/thumbs_big/839904slide1.jpg">src</a><a href="/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=198&catid=68">link</a></div>

I thought that might be the problem but I see that the code is actually the same on a Finance site.

I have downloaded the latest version of Photoslide from the Gavick site with the same results. Do I need to copy over anything from the module files? Perhaps something from the tmpl directories? I tried copying over the entire module directory from a Finance site to a TWN site and nothing changed so I guess not!

I tried using the exact module settings from Finance but this had no effect.

I have attached images of the slideshow and the settings used:
module.png

settings.png

The site is at: http://bellarmine.dreamhosters.com

I don't know what action to take next.

Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:57 pm
Is there any help to be had on this? It's been a couple days now. Really hoping for a reply since I don't know what action to take next.

Thank you!
Fresh Boarder