Main Menu

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:36 pm
Hi there,

I am looking for some insight as to where I am going wrong or if what I want to do is even possible.

I have a main menu that shows throughout most of my site. One of the menu items of that main menu (recreation & parks) I want to go to a page with a different main menu.

I can't get the recreation & parks main menu to show up though, the main menu for the site just stays there. I have gone through all the menu modules and I believe I have all the right check boxes checked/unchecked. Maybe this isn't possible? Seems like it should be.

I have attached 2 images. mainrec.jpg should have "Community Center" "Recreation Guide" "Registration" "Park System" "Contact" in the main menu for the recreation & parks page.

Any ideas?
Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:55 pm
From your description I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve. Is it all inside of same page/joomla installation structure?

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:57 pm
Yes, I just want to be able to click on "Recreation & Parks" in the main menu (main1) and go to the Recreation & Parks page with a different main menu. But the (main1) main menu appears, not the menu I want.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:02 pm
Our template allow only one menu to be used as main menu, but you could create a copy of template for that particular page and assign different menu for that template.

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:04 pm
Okay, that make sense. I will give that a try.
Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:07 pm
Please let me know if you were able to get what you need this way.

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:17 pm
Yes, that worked! Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 am
If you will have any other questions, feel free to post new forum threads.