Replace TWN Menu with Estore Menu

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:27 am
I dont like the menu of TWN template, it always has a secondary bar which I dont need as only few of my menu has sub menu.

How do I replace that menu with Estore template menu?
What are the files I need to change?
Or is it just copy paste menu details and codes from estore to TWN?

I was really waiting that TWN gets updated, as you guys promised, but it didn't happen, so can you help me to incorporate this changes. Just need to replace the estore menu with TWN.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:52 pm
Hi

eShop and TWN are using completly diffrent frameworks. It's diffrent than T3 also. So changing the menus between anyone of templates build on diffrent framework requires many changes even to framework files. It is possible, of course, but I would suggest to custumize the look of the TWN menu rather than copying whole functionality.

In any case it's a bigger customization work.

GK User
Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:52 pm
Can I use any other menu other than TWN, this big block for non sub menu is a big issue. I need to get rid of that block below the menu. Can you suggest me if I can use any other menu from gavick except car magazine and TWN
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:10 pm
Hi

If You want just hide it please add this at the end of template.css

Code: Select all
div#horiz-menu {
height:32px;
}

#menu_wrap  {
height:62px;
)

GK User
Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:44 am
Hiding that doesnt solve the issue, as i need the sub menu to be horizontal and vertical, can i replace the menu from any other template easily.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:15 pm
I too would like to change the menu to a regular "drop down". When you top menu items to the far right, it's too hard to select a drop down of the far left.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:25 pm
Yes, the cumbersome menu is one the bigger issues our readers have with this otherwise great template. (I am using it on daily newspaper at http://www.kaarinanuutiset.fi)

Also on the wish list is to see GK News module made K2 compatible.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:00 am
Hi

Changing one menu to the diffrent one is not so easy. You can of course try with replacing css files for it, but it still may need lots of work to make it work like You want. The easier way is to hide the existing menu, create a new position (see for instruction on the forum) and place a new menu module there, but it would also need a work to make it look like You want. So in every way it's considered as customization, so I cannot help more that just these advices :(

GK User
Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:59 am
I tried putting the code at the end of the template.css file but that did not work. I would think that the many complaints about this menu would spur someone at Gavick to provide another menu option. This one pretty much sucks, unlike the template itself, which may well be the best to come from Gavick ever.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:08 pm
Hi

But there is a couple of menu options for our templates. Please see in template's configuration.

GK User
Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:57 pm
Yes, and I've tried to change from one to another -- tried them all -- but nothing changes even though I've clicked save.

Can you help?

ken
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:37 pm
This is one of the best news template, but spoiled with that stupid menu, Gavick team had announced somewhere in May that there are launching the update with T3 framework, but nothing happened, they tend to ignore sometimes the vital issues. Menu should have choices, cannot be compromised with these kind of menu which is of no use. Hope the gavik team keeps these tips in mind and in future development.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:07 pm
Right... it never should have been built with this menu in the first place. It's not really fully useable. If nothing else, make the sub menu text "follow" the top level menu so that people can select it. Maybe make the subs center aligned at least. The problem is that they put it in place and it looks nice, but they really didn't fully use/test it otherwise, they would see the major flaw. Keep Joomla modular.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:24 am
Unfortunately its not possible to change the menuname in the backend. This option doesn't work like some others ;-( I even installed the quickstart to check if there was only a problem with my installation, but there is the same problem. Nice template but useless for me this menu
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:30 am
In other clubs where I have membership and had similar issues, they fixed it within few days, but here in Gavick I guess they are not bothered about their clients. Every one is suggesting and asking for a better menu replacement, but they don't care. Atleast address this issue so we can use this template.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:33 pm
[center]Image[/center]

Hi

Template was made with that menu. If You want to change it than it's a customization issue. If You do not want to use this menu please search the web for a propriet module, there's many of it. Than You can remove the menu and create a new position instead where You will put Your menu. Replacing menu with position was covered many times before on the forum.

GK User
Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:07 pm
Once again, I have tried the alternative menus in the TWN template. THEY DON'T WORK! And I've tried inserting the snippet of code in the template file. That doesn't work either. Doesn't that mean there is a problem within the code rather than a customization issue? Not to be mean, but you're awfully stubborn on this.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:52 am
creativei wrote:
This is one of the best news template, but spoiled with that stupid menu, Gavick team had announced somewhere in May that there are launching the update with T3 framework, but nothing happened, they tend to ignore sometimes the vital issues. Menu should have choices, cannot be compromised with these kind of menu which is of no use. Hope the gavik team keeps these tips in mind and in future development.

Any News ??
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:10 am
Why cant the team spend few hours to replace the menu.... or atleast release a new template for new instead of this not so useful templates. We are paid members and now with this attitude you dont want your members to renew the account.

Gavick Team please listen to your clients before going for new clients, your existing clients if satisfied can refer you new clients, this is the industry norm. Come out with some exciting templates than this regular ones.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:01 pm
Hi

If it doesn't work please show me Your site.

I'm very sorry that the template doesn't stand Your requirements. But there are people who does. The changing of the menu is possible, but we cannot spare time for making changes usefull for one or two clients, sorry. Our templates are just a tools in site making process, a base look ready for any changes.

If You do not have an ability to make such changes Yourself I can make it for You for a small fee. Please mail me in private.

GK User
Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:53 pm
http://www.enterkom.com/enterprise

Tell me if you need backend access.

ken
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:59 am
segacom wrote:
http://www.enterkom.com/enterprise

Tell me if you need backend access.

ken

Hi

Yes please send me joomla panel access. I thought that You do not like the menu, but now I can see that Your menu got only "Home" option. I'll see why it displays this way.

GK User
Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:48 pm
Not correct. I disabled the other menu items because I dislike the menu so much. But I would like to send you the access info so you can see that menu options do not work as they should. If we can't use Moo-tools options, I'd rather just remove the menu bar entirely. Can you provide a secure email address I can send access info to?

Thanks.

ken
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:18 pm
Hi

My mail address is under my every post.

Maby You would like me to remove the menu and place a menu position here so You will be able to put whatever menu You like. But that is an additional job, so I'll need to charge You for my time.

GK User
Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:24 am
How much $US?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:42 pm
Hi

Please move this disscusion to mail.