Wrong displaying fonts on Firefox

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:52 pm
Hi All,
i have a problem with displaying fonts on my site. Problem is with BEBAS NEUE font. Other browsers (chrome, opera, ie) displaying ok.

my site : http://www.brzozowiana.pl

and thats how is displaying fonts on FF (1st photo) and other bworsers (2nd photos)

Can anyone know how to fix it and where ?
Thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:08 am
Hi

I'm sorry, but I cannot tell what the problem can be. Font looks ok in my firefox and other browsers as well. Maybe one of Your firefox plugins are blocking a load of a font file.

GK User
Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:52 am
Thanks for reply,
i glad of that but it is also strange for me, becouse in my 2 laptops and on PC there is the same situation... also when i browse by my phone using FF mobile - fonts are displayind wrong.

Can you look on code ? if it is needed i can give you ftp pass... i really do not know what and where i should to do to fix it...
Thank you for your interest
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:32 pm
Hi

Now I've checked Your site on my wife's PC and I can see the problem for 1s before the file with font is loaded,

Lets check 2 things:

1. The css code which is telling the menu to use the font and not only. Try add this code to override.css, remember that override needs to be enabled:

Code: Select all
#gkMainMenu > div > ul > li > a, #gkPage .box > div > h3.header, #gkPage .box_menu > div > h3.header, #gkPage .box_text > div > h3.header, ul.gkTabs li, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, #gkMainMenu > div > ul div.childcontent .group-title, .button, button, button.button, input[type="submit"], input[type="button"], .pagenav-next a, .pagenav-prev a, table th, legend, .tip-title, div.pagination ul li a, div.pagination ul li span, div.k2Pagination ul li a, div.k2Pagination ul li span, div.header .nspLinks ul li h4, #article-index ul li a, #jsMenu .jsMenuBar > ul > li > a, #community-wrap div.profile-info .contentheading, #community-wrap div.greybox div.joinbutton, body #community-wrap div.profile-toolbox-bl ul.small-button li, ul.profile-details li.title, div.ctitle, #community-wrap .latest-events .jsEvDate, #community-wrap .cModule.latest-events .jsDetail b a, body #community-wrap ul#featurelist li, #community-wrap h1, #community-wrap h2, #community-wrap h3, #community-wrap h4, #community-wrap .cModule h3 span, #cWindow #cWindowAction input.button, #community-wrap .clabel, #community-wrap .cTabsBar ul li a, #community-wrap .album-name, #cWindowContentTop #cwin_logo, #community-wrap .label, #community-wrap .video-title, #community-wrap .joms-newsfeed-more, #cWindowAction .button, #community-wrap #cFeatured.forPeople .cFeatured-Name a, div.mobileSwitch > a {
    font-family: BebasNeue,Arial,sans-serif !important;
}

2. The file itself. Try edit http://www.brzozowiana.pl/templates/gk_ ... esheet.css and replace the whole code You got there with:

@font-face {
font-family: 'BebasNeue';
src: url('BebasNeue-webfont.eot') format('eot'),
url('BebasNeue-webfont.woff') format('woff'),
url('BebasNeue-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'),
url('BebasNeue-webfont.svg#webfontfvFLBU0N') format('svg');
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}

Try this solution separately first and than both at the same time.

Third thing I have in mind is that this can be becuase of a browser settings. It's possible that custom fonts are disabled on both computers.

teitbite
Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:34 pm
Hi

I've checked the validation as well. Looks like there is an error in Your HTML syntax:

Error Line 1058, Column 434: end tag for "p" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified

…"210" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object></div>

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

This can be causing this problem as well.

GK User
Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:06 pm
Hi,
regarding 1st proposition i try and it do nothing... so i replace in my oryginal files...

regarding 2dn info about this SYNTAX html - pls tell me more - in with file i should to search it ?

thanks for helping
and i thing that in this year we will do nothing but tomorow maybe.

so i wish you and your familly ALL WHAT CAN BE BEST !!! :))))
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:05 pm
Hi

Thank You. All best to You aw well.

Validation errors are hard to track, but are most likely to be in the text added by users. Please try disable an custom entered text one after the other and the last one removed making this error dissapear will be to blame and You will have to check the HTML code of this. Anyway this only maybe be causeing this problem. I'm not 100% sure since as I've mentioned I do not see the problem on my machine.

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:52 pm
ok i will check but you have to tell me where i should do search - in what file ?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:42 am
Hi

Not a file. In a content You heve entered using text editor. Best method is to disable some of the modules with such content so it will be easier to spot in article article content for example.

Another tip maybe if problem is visible on all pages. Than most probably a content which is visible on all pages is causing validation error.

GK User
Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:40 am
Hi
sorry but i thing i am too stiupid for this... i cant find where is the problem with FF... i also chec it on few diferent comp in my frends and situation everywhere is the same - font is diferent than it shoud be...

can someone pls helm me with it ? it is something wrong and i do not know what and where...

thanks a lot for help.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:28 am
Hi

I'm afraid our support do not cover checking if the content entered by users is consistent. But it's a very simple procedure, please disable all custom html modules and articles. Check if the font problem is still there and if not than enable all this modules/articles back while checking the site over and over. The las enabled before site breaks again will be to blame and will require checking the HTML syntax.

GK User
Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:57 am
Hi,
unfortunately it do not works... i did as you told me but it did do nothing.... i mean that i unpublish all modules after that i start publish one after one and everytime after publish i refresh my site, but it do not show me in which module is a problem...
font is still different even after i unpublish of almost all modules

i`m not sure now that the problem is in modules... but i do not know where else i should to search...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:39 am
Hi

But can You confirm that after removing all modules font is not applied ? I'm trying to fix it for You myself, but I still cannot see the probelm. Please look at the screens of all browsers I'm watching it in.

Maybe Your IP is blocking font files from google. I really cannot tell wihthout seeing the problem live :(

GK User
Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:41 pm
i can confirm that after i unpublish all modules fons is still display wrong.... also i chceck it in my work (other laptop) and few peoples from Poland also confimr me that they have displaing it wrong...

like in image below

Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:36 am
Hi

Ok. We need a special action here. My skype login is teitbite please add me to contacts. We share screen and I'll check it directly on Your computer.

GK User
Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:12 am
ok - invitation sent :)

also i can give you all needed pass to backend and ftp if you need them.

btw. colleague Dziudek send me this link - but it is not working or i do something wrong
http://www.fontsquirrel.com/blog/2010/11/troubleshooting-font-face-problems
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:02 am
Hi

Can You please talk to me again on Skype ? I've closed the window by accident and do not remember Your username ;/ I will be free around 18:00 till early morning. Sorry for that, I was hoping You will write to me, but just remembered I can contact You via forum.

GK User
Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:37 am
Was this ever resolved as I am having the same issue with Firefox....
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:41 pm
crashtackle wrote:Was this ever resolved as I am having the same issue with Firefox....

yes - it is resolved - look into my other post here : https://www.gavick.com/forums/the-world-news-2/two-questions-32399.html latest messages.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:43 pm
Hi

Ok. That's good Dziudek has helped with it. I really was thinking problem is elsewhere since I had no problem looking at the site. I'm glad it's working :)