GKnews_joomla2.5 Pages not refreshing

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:08 pm
Dear All,

I have recently installed gknews using quickstart files for joomla 2.5

Customized locally and uploaded to hosting . The problems that I experience is strange . Request your feedback and suggestions ,

Issues :
1. Pages do not refresh automatically when an action is performed in backend.
(mysite/administrator loads and its not taking me to control panel after I type in my credentials and it stays loading with user/password dialog . However, it takes me to control panel if I type mysite/administrator for the second time in a new window or refresh the same window)

2. I am able to navigate to options available in the top menu of backend. But the navigation stops as soon as I select a feature and try to save the changes. ( I have to manually refresh the page which reloads with confirmation that my previous action was successful.

3. In the frontend, I am experiencing a similar issue ( I can navigate by clicking on links ) but happens only when I click login button and type credentials . Nothing happens after that and if I refresh the same I can see the data related to the action performed earlier.

Excuse me if I am confusing you .

You can check the following link and try to login to the site ( Try typing no credentials and click on login. Nothing will happen unless you refresh the page to see action.

www.madukkur.org

Additonal Details which might help you :

Joomla 2.5 with gknews template installed using quick start
Tried enabling and disabling system_cache and gk_cache to isolate. ( No change)

Any suggestions?
Regards, MKR
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:23 pm
Looks like server incompatibility issue.
I would suggest to upload clean quickstart package to serwer and run installation on it, then check compatibility page. It should show what settings don't match correctly.

GK User
Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:43 pm
Thanks for the reply.

At first, I installed a clean quickstart to test the server and it was working fine without any modifications to quick start.

Then when I modified all in localhost and uploaded the site I find this problem.

Not sure how to check that compatibility you are referring to ?

Thanks, MKR
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 pm
Could you check if only copying database setup (via phpmyadmin) from your localhost installation to quickstart installation that went well on server solves the problem?

GK User
Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 am
Hi, It appears to be an issue with my internet connection . When I access the site from some other location , Its normal and everything appears to work fine. Probably an issue with our proxy server locally.

Thanks for your efforts in trying to solve this problem.

Regards, MKR
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:05 pm
No problem.
You can try to use any free proxy on the net to check if site looks fine.