Problems with sharing on Facebook

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Wed May 12, 2010 3:31 pm
Hi,
I've installed "The world news" template.
Since I run the installation, share of articles on Facebook is not working well. In fact, when I link an item, you do not see the title of the article nor the image thumbnail. The problem disappears if you set a Joomla default template.
For this reason I am convinced that the problem is with the template.
Has anyone had the same problem?
Thanks for any help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 12, 2010 5:20 pm
I'm just a user, but check the requeriments... i think you need php5 to run...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 12, 2010 6:37 pm
In my server there is Php version 5.2.13
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri May 14, 2010 2:58 pm
Happens to me as well... just comes up as home in Facebook
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun May 16, 2010 3:10 pm
no solutions?
Official support?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 17, 2010 6:43 pm
Hi

Sorry but I'm not familiar with sharing things on facebook. Can someone please just tell me how's it going to work? So maby I will be able to help.

GK User
Tue May 18, 2010 12:07 pm
Hi, when I try sharing an article in Facebook, i receive the note:"ask4home.net
http://ask4home.net/society/interview/52...
: Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /home/arenadom/public_html/modules/mod_gk_weather/helper.php on line 219"

Where is the problem end how resolve it?
Thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 19, 2010 6:55 pm
Hi

From the warning I can tell that Facebook doesn't allow to add an article which uses some other sites (weather data in this case are taken from google site).

Unfortunately weather module needs to work like this so there's no other solution than disabling it I'm affraid.

GK User
Wed May 19, 2010 10:57 pm
I had this problem and it turned to be SEF problem, i solved after changing my tables to utf8_general_ci
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu May 20, 2010 9:58 am
Thanks for your reply
I've disabled weather module and now articles sharing on Facebook is working well

teitbite wrote:
Hi

From the warning I can tell that Facebook doesn't allow to add an article which uses some other sites (weather data in this case are taken from google site).

Unfortunately weather module needs to work like this so there's no other solution than disabling it I'm affraid.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 21, 2010 2:18 pm
Hi

Nice to hear it, but I'm sending this topic to our programmer anyway. So maby He will find the solution to have both work at the same time.

GK User
Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:11 pm
After rebuilding my site i have the same problem and this time i am sure it's not SEF problem.

But i found out that on some articles sharing is ok and in some others sharing is not ok

For example

Ok-> http://www.istories.gr/index.php?option ... Itemid=392

Not Ok-> http://www.istories.gr/index.php?option ... Itemid=392
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:50 am
The problem is caused by GK_Weather.
If i have this enabled then i can't test my site even here http://www.iwebtool.com/speed_test?domain=istories.gr

returns error
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:46 pm
I have the same problem with facebook.

Someone managed to resolve?

tks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:06 am
Hi

Sorry but that's not a bug but the policy of some sites which are not accepting the content from other sites (security waranty). I'm affraid that the solution for now will be to do not use GK Weather if You need deal with such sites/components.

GK User
Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:18 pm
Hi, i had exactly the same problem with "the wold news template". I have tried to disable GK weather and now is working properly.

A temporary option meanwhile would be to disable GK weather module, then link the article in the facebook and later enable again.

Will be a solution to use GK weather module in the template?

Thanks !
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 pm
Hello,

I am not using that wather module but still have that problem, please help me
Fresh Boarder