How to tweak Jomsocial ..less files in twn template?

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:14 am
Hello,

I am using TWN or a site that uses JomSocial. I have installed the template package as per the instructions.

I am trying now to modify the template slightly but cannot figure out how to locate the correct .less file.

I use Firebug and have found a client side .css compilation plugin for Joomla and a FireBug/FireFox plugin that is meant to show me which .less files are used when viewing a page in Firebug. Unfortunatly I cannot get it to work. I suspect this is because the template (and JomSocial) are loading the style.css file.

How do I adjust the TWN Joomla template (gk-style) so that is uses style.less rather than style.css? I believe that if I can load the.less file when loading the template then I can use the Firebug plugin to locate the correct style files.

Do you have documentation on how to do this?

Thanks
Chris
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:37 pm
.less file is never used by template afaik - its used to generate final css file, so you need to setup less enviroment to compile those files.

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:23 pm
Well... it actually appears that the .less files have nothing to do with the style.css file at all! So... no they are not used to generate the style.css file.

Kinda sloppy really... to supply .less files that when used to make changes, completely destroys the template.

Whomever created this just hacked the style.css file to match the old style without regard to the .less at all.

Disappointing.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:28 pm
First of all - you should never modify existing css files, as you will get to a lot of trouble when you will decide to update the template in future.
Use override.css file instead, place all your modification there, enable it in template settings and all changes will be kept in one file that is easy to maintain during template update.