news pro gk1 thumbnails problem

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:50 am
when I try to resize the images of the articles using the news pro gk1 thumbnail setting I get the following errors:

Warning: imagecreatetruecolor() [function.imagecreatetruecolor]: Invalid image dimensions in /home/ziuavech/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk1/gk_classes/image.class.php on line 120

Warning: imagecolorallocate(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/ziuavech/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk1/gk_classes/image.class.php on line 142

Warning: imagefill(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/ziuavech/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk1/gk_classes/image.class.php on line 144

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/ziuavech/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk1/gk_classes/image.class.php on line 216

Warning: imagegif(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/ziuavech/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk1/gk_classes/image.class.php on line 219

any idea?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:53 am
now, if I activate Plugin support setting I get no errors, but also I get no images whatsoever!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:25 am
I checked the forum and saw that other people had the same problem and the answer was to make the cache folder in the module writtable - well I want you to know that the cache folder in my case IS writable

anyway, the module creates the thumbnails and they are in the cache folder of the module, but those thumbnails are not displayed

please, can I get an answer until the end of the week? really sorry, but it is indeed very hard to get some usefull answers around here

(I still have no answer on the issue of gk headlines hour display!)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:04 am
Could you send me ftp access to your website to dziudek[at]gavick[dot]com ?
Administrator

GK User
Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:36 am
I sent the ftp details on your e-mail. Thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:00 pm
really don't want to be that pushy, but I really need to get this module working as soon as possible, thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:07 am
I am not sure: this is a suport forum or a discussion forum?

the difference is that on a discussion forum you get an answer now and then, if somebody is mercifull enough to reply

the idea is that a SUPPORT FORUM should SUPPORT it's members! really, I do not feel very supported around here and I think that the issue raised by me is pretty important
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:56 pm
support forum? I don't think so...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:04 am
Please check your configuration (if images in articles are enabled ?) and please check if these images are located in images/stories directory.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:42 am
yes, images in articles are enabled(did you took a look at my site?!?!?!?! it is full of articles with images! I sent you the ftp details and the url of a page where news pro is not working, did you took a look at them?!?)

yes, images are located in images/stories directory

are these answers going to solve my problem?!?!? what are the next questions? if I am admin or manager? maybe just a registered user?

I am really going to lose my patience...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:50 am
I've asked you about it, because in the structure of the module I've seen that there's no images in the module structure. Please send me also admin access to your administrator panel - it can be usefull also for me in solving this problem.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:04 am
Hello,

If anyone is getting red x's rather than the thumbnails, check the thumbnails size. You must include "px" in your size. So "57px" will work, but if you put in just "57" then it wont work.

Hope this helps anyone having this issue.

Thanks,

Dean.
Fresh Boarder