GAVICK IMAGE SHOW

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:30 pm
Hi,

Need help to integrate in World News a module "image show" with the same css style of the demo of the Finance template .

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:05 am
Hi

Here's some help:

Copy/paste the following files from finance template to twn template:
../gk_finance_com/html/mod_gk_image_show/..

Next open ../gk_twn/html/mod_gk_image_show/template.php and change path to twn template on this lines:

Code: Select all
$headData["scripts"][$uri->root().'templates/gk_finance_com/lib/scripts/mootools.js'] = "text/javascript";

if(array_search($uri->root().'templates/gk_finance_com/lib/scripts/gk_image_show.js', $headData_keys) > 0)

$headData["scripts"][$uri->root().'templates/gk_finance_com/lib/scripts/gk_image_show.js'] = "text/javascript";

Copy all css style and images catalog related with Image Show module from finance to twn template.

Finally, check group and module settings used on finance template.

You have 90% of the road done.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:17 am
Doesn't work:
Fatal error: Call to a member function root() on a non-object in ...modulesmod_gk_image_showtmpltemplate.php on line 35
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:13 am
Please tell exactly the steps that you done.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:41 am
Seichinha,
In fact the file "mod_gk_image_show" doen't exist in ../gk_twn/html
I had only found a template.php in ...modulesmod_gk_image_showtmpltemplate.php so I copied/pasted the code above by changing the name of the template ..'templates/gk_finance_com/lib... by ...'templates/gk_twn/lib...
Finally I copied all css style and images catalog related with Image Show module from finance to twn template
Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:49 pm
Hello, I am trying to do something similar to what ZEF078 is doing. I am trying to take the template style for the Image Show module from Hit Music as it fits good with another template. I copied all the CSS and Image files to where they should be. I did what was mentioned above. And yet, I get what the attached image shows. Any idea what might be going on?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:26 pm
Hi

Please show me Your site. Maby some modification of css will do.

GK User
Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:39 pm
Hi,
yet impossible to see the site as it is developed in local.
This is my 2nd site developed with Joomla, I need a little more control before I start a development online
If you have no other advice or other evidence to make me perform, I will come to you when I get it posted online.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:04 pm
Hi

Ok. So check the width and if overflown is set to hide.

GK User
Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:04 pm
Sorry for the delay with the reply.

http://myicenine.net/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=87
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:11 pm
Hi

As I can see the css is clear of atributes which may have influence on the design. So please try to copy the configuration setting from other template, also see the examples in help file (try to copy all from styl1 and see what it gets).

GK User
Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:10 pm
Ok, will try that and thanks for the reply.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:17 am
Eh, I can't figure it out. As far as I can tell, everything is copied over and everything is changed as well as using the suggested settings for the module.

Is there a way I can just setup it so it doesn't rely on the template, as in have it as just a style inside the module rather than the whole template?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:53 pm
Hi

Yes You can style it Yourself. Please tell me how You want it and I'll help if I can.

Redo the changes, because now the slide doesn't work and the thumbs aren't in the code.

GK User
Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:23 pm
Ok, I changed it back.

I would like it so it is like Hit Music where the thumbnails are at the bottom of the image and then they rotate along instead of just taking up as much of the screen as they need. However, I would be happy with it rotating and just having arrows with the headline, something similar I guess to the new Hewahoo theme.

I would try to do more on my own but I am still pretty new to CSS.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:43 pm
Hi

Your site looks pretty mess. Please make it look like before, so I can work on the Photoslide.

GK User
Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 pm
So, do you want it to look like I first linked to or to what it is out of the box? Right now it is at where it was when I first showed you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:08 am
Hello,

I am trying to do the same thing as the original poster - use the Finance style slideshow on a The World News site.

I have copied over the files from gk_finance_com/html/mod_gk_image_show/.. to gk_twn

I have also changed the path references in gk_twn/html/mod_gk_image_show/template.php

This did help as the navigation arrows are now showing up but now the images, titles, text and links are not. Instead the characters srclink appear. If you view source on these two the code shows as follows:

<div class="gk_is_slide" style="z-index: 1;" title="Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet"><a href="http://bellarmine.dreamhosters.com/components/com_gk3_photoslide/thumbs_big/839904slide1.jpg">src</a><a href="/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=198&catid=68">link</a></div>

I thought that might be the problem but I see that the code is actually the same on a Finance site.

I have downloaded the latest version of photoslide from the Gavick site with the same results. Do I need to copy over anything from the module files? Perhaps something from the tmpl directories? I also tried copying over the entire module directory from a Finance site to a TWN site and nothing changed so I guess not!

I tried using the exact module settings from Finance but this had no effect.

I have attached images of the slideshow and the settings used:
module.png

settings.png

The site is at: http://bellarmine.dreamhosters.com

I don't know what action to take next.

Thank you!
Fresh Boarder