not showing login button

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:00 pm
hi.
i have installed the template 'the world news' successfully
but as shown in demo, it does not show me login button as shown in image below and the look is also not same..pls tell me how can i get the exact look as demo...Image
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:36 am
And do you have login module published and assigned to login module??

PS: I see you do not have any content yet so maybe would be best to use quickstart package with demo content to see how is everything done.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:52 am
but how to use that quickstart...do i need to just overwrite those files of quick start????
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:15 am
And you did use Quick start initialy?
Just unpack and install it to your server and do not forget to install sample data if that option is avaiable

PS: and did you look if you have login module published in login position?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:19 am
i have applied the world news template on my new site www.talkncafe.com but it is not showing the login module...i have checked all modules but the login module is not anywhere...i have checked login position...but htere is no module in this position...whats d problem pls tell me...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 am
Hi

Please use guick start version of this template. All modules visible on demo are included.

GK User
Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:08 am
but it is possible to use this template without using quick start because my site is live and there are a lot of articlels live so how can i use quick start??? will it replace my all settings of module positions??? pls get me out of this problem
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Sure you can.
And in case do you not have any module called Login you can add it easily inside module manager and put it inside login module position.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:13 am
i did the same but it doesnt display login module in proper way bcoz the module which i installed is bigger in height so it is not displaying well...i want the same one in demo..even my search module is also not the same one as demo..
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:14 pm
Hi
could you please post URL to your site?? And come picture?
Because from your explanation I have no idea what exactly is wrong.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 am
Hi

Did you enable Login switch on template parameters (see features tab)?

About the quickstart version, it can be very helpful in 2 ways. Or building a brand new website or for those who have already a site built, you can install a local server like XAMPP (i.e.) and take easily experience with the template demo.
We have a quickstart video tutorial for Pulse template quickstart installation, and it's explained how to get, install and configurate XAMPP server. It's easy, believe me.

Check it

After XAMPP installation on your computer, the process of installing the quickstart version of The World News template is exactly the same.

Anyway, if you still have problem to display the login switcher, please send me administrator access to:

paulo[at]gavick[dot]com

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:01 am
Hi,

I've enabled both the login & register in the template, but only the register button is displayed.

I installed the template manually.

URL

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Peter
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:11 pm
Hi

Please check if mod_login is placed in login position and if login is enabled in the template configuration.

GK User
Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:45 am
Thank you Teitbite. The login button is now displayed.

During the initial attempt to enable the button, I looked for "login" position but couldn't find it. It wasn't until your post that made look for it again, and this time I found it. Old age must be catching up to me :blush:

Cheers,
Peter
Fresh Boarder