World News template for JomSocial (gk_style) broken?

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:13 am
Hello,

I have been trying to integrate the new gk_style template into my site. I've just noticed that when I try to set Jomsocial options such as 'Show Search Box', 'Show latest group', etc... there are no settings.

See attached screenshot from the quickstart with Jomsocial and the gk_style template.

Is this a bug?

Thanks
Chris
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:52 pm
Further to my last mail the file frontpage_index.php in this template has what appears to be another bug.

Line 19: <?php $this->renderModules( 'js_side_top' ); ?>
Line 28: <?php $this->renderModules( 'js_side_top' ); ?>

Resulting in js_side_top being rendered twice.

I will continue to list problems that I encounter here.

Chris
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 pm
I thought that I should probably clarify that I am using Jomsocial 2.8.2, Joolma 2.5 (latest) and the 2.8.1 version of gk_style.

Chris
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:17 pm
Could you attach again the screenshot, looks like it is missing. Apart the missing on/off box option and top part did you notice any other problems ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:04 pm
Hello and thank you for responding,

Find enclosed the screen shot... This is from the most recent twn2 quick-start with Jomsocial 2.8.2 installed.

To get to the screen /administrator -> Components -> Jomsocial -> templates ... then click on gk_style.

For the moment I have edited the parameters file by hand.

Chris
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:52 am
I understand problem with this duplicated part but other things are related with changes in JomSocial component, the JomSocial company remove several options and this is why you can't see them in our template also.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:59 pm
Where can I get the 2.8.1 version of gk_style for TWN2
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:17 pm
Guys ? any help ?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:06 am
It is available in rest_files package on template download page.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:47 pm
bkrztuk wrote:It is available in rest_files package on template download page.

Hello,

I cannot find the 2.8 jomsocial theme oin the rest-files package (there is only 2.6 and 2.4 themes).

Regards
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 am
Please download package again, surely now it is available style for latest JomSocial version.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:23 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Please download package again, surely now it is available style for latest JomSocial version.

Thank you I saw it now
Junior Boarder