Multilanguage menu

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:42 pm
Hello,

Using, The World News II template I have this problem , I searched the forum but I don't found the problem to my question.

I used the joomla wiki to create the language for english and italian

So I have 2 Modules ( Menu Italian and Menu English )

in the menu settings of joomla I have 3 main menu ( General menu , Italian Menu and English Menu )

General menu has only the HOME item

Italian menu has
-HOME
-CONTATTI

English menu has
-HOME
-CONTACTS

So.... when I'm trying to load the two language modules (italian and english modules) in the "mainmenu" position ( the General menu module is shutted down ) there's coming a problem:

I see on the mainmenu only the ITEM HOME.

Why?

I found the problem , the problem is the template....yes...

In advanced proprierties of the template, the voice menu has a setting called "Menu name"

There I can choose betwen the menu's I've created before ( General menu , Italian Menu and English Menu )

The problem is there because that option show me only the menu I choose...

The problem should be fixed by choosing more than one single menu to show, but there isn't any option to do this.

How can I do this to resolve this problemzzzz???

Perhaps I should change something in the php files of the template....But I don't know where and how...

Some one can help me here please???

thank you,

Sincerely,
Claudio
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:18 pm
Hi

You've made it wrong. Here is an instructions of how to use this method: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/qu ... oomla-1-7/

BUT

I advice to use a different method, because this one is a little harder to maintain. Please use one menu only and install Falang plugin with this plugin You will only need to translate menu elements and all can be done using one menu only.

GK User
Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:50 pm
I prefer this method, however thank you a lot, I've made it and it WORKS!!!

for me this topic is SOLVED:P

thank YOUUUUUU:)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:49 pm
Hi

Yes of course, both methods can do this, it was just a tip for people who may have a similar question.

GK User
Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:18 pm
hi,
I followed this tutorial (with the joomla wiki mode) but something still wrong.
Maybe I do not understand the point 5 ...I do not understand English well ...
Can you help me?
The site is under construction, I could give you access in pm.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:28 pm
Hi

Ok. Please send me an access. I'm finishing work for today, but I'll check it tomorow.

GK User
Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:02 am
hi, reread the post a fresh mind I found where wrong!
I explain it to help those who were having the same problem of understanding:
Basically I created the menu items in each menu language rather than putting everything into the main, leaving only the Home button in the specific language menus.
At this point the system works perfectly.
Thanks for your time.
The post is SOLVED
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:27 pm
Hi

Yes this is a common mistake. I've done that couple of times myself before I learned how to do this :) Glad You've made it.