Jomsocial Avatar Upload busted (Events, Groups)

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:41 pm
I am using the TWN JomSocial template with the AppsProTech site template.
When I select to edit an avatar for an event or group, the popup displays, but does not allow me to browse for an image.

Please tell me how to fix this.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:37 pm
Please switch template for JomSocial to default one and also change Joomla template to one of pre-installed with system. Then please check whether the problem still exist because I suspect that this is JomSocial issue not our template.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:02 am
Ok.
So I changed the default Joomla template to Atoms and the Jomsocial template to BlueFace...both are part of the basic system install.

When I attempt to change the event avatar, it allows me to upload and crop the image as I would expect.
It seems that your template changes the functionality of the avatar upload and makes it non-functional.

Works in the default...doesn't work with your template....seems to be a bug in your template. Please help me get this fixed.

Details.
Joomla v. 2.5.6
JomSocial v. 2.6.2
JomSocial 2.6 theme for GK The World News II template
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:41 pm
Ok, I'm forward this issue to our member who made this JS styles. You should get response as soon as possible.
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:36 am
Hi,
please send me PM with some test user to check it. And tell me what browser do you use.

Konrad M
Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 am
Please try add to override.css
Code: Select all
div#cWindowContent #jsform-uploadavatar input#filedata[type="file"] {
display: block;
}

and remember to enable override.css option in template settings.

GK User
Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 am
I am having exact the same issue here in the TWN template:

I cannot edit the group avatars

Hovering over the image displays the "change avatar button" below the avatar... but it disappears when you get your mouse to that.

Adding the overide in overide.css and enabling overrides in template settings is no solution.

PLZ help

Dick
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:55 am
Could you give me URL to your site ? The code mentioned by @Konrad M should resolve this problem. Are you sure that overrided css is attached to your site (you can make it via firebug)
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:32 pm
MetDick please send me PM with access to your Joomla backend, ftp access and some test profile login to test your issue.

GK User
Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:35 pm
FYI Folks this worked for me, but i added the line to the actual css entry where it occurs as in
gk_style.old.css line 6463

simply added "display:block;"

Fixed.
Fresh Boarder