jomsocial 2.2.1 menu css missing

Social Joomla! template ideal to promote activities and discussion at various levels with JomSocial support.
GK User
Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:06 am
I'm not sure what is going on, buy my menu seems to be devoid of css styles. I tried reinstalling a few times to make sure no files were missing, but no luck. Here is what I end up with (attached).

Can someone with a working menu send me a login to their site so I can see what the css is supposed to look like? Any ideas on why mine is failing?

By the way, I am downloading the files from the right place, aren't I? https://www.gavick.com/download/templat ... -quay.html

Just the main download page? I ask because the xml files for either template haven't been updated with new dates -- just making sure that the files are actually the new, updated ones.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:44 am
Look like you have new JomSocial with old gk_style because this menu containers are changed in new version. Please delete old gk_style and install new one if you use JS 2.2.X. You need also to update template files, latest version you find in update section.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:43 am
Am I missing something? I don't see any of the updated files. If I go to the updates page, the newest version I see is:

Quay 29/11/2010 1.1.1
(link)

for the template and

jomsocial_theme_24.1.2011.zip
(link)

for the jomsocial template.

Can you send URLs of the updated files? I must be blind or something.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:45 pm
Please simply download latest template version, make backup of your files and overwrite them via ftp connection.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:23 pm
The thing is -- I already downloaded the files on the download page (see the links) and they all appear to be the old files from January. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:42 pm
Please replace the files with the files from latest package, maybe there is a mistake in date.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:53 pm
OK -- finally have figured out the issue here. In order to get the updated files, you have to download the REST files zip and inside it you will find a directory called gk_style which is the jomsocial template that you can upload to your site.

The jomsocial template file has NOT been updated (as of this posting). The Quay template HAS been updated (just that it has not been marked as being updated, again, as of this posting).

Thanks for all of your help!
Junior Boarder