mod_gk_js_members doesn't show default JomSocial avatar

Social Joomla! template ideal to promote activities and discussion at various levels with JomSocial support.
GK User
Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:32 pm
The problem is as in the subject. If a newly registered member doesn't upload own avatar, the default JomSocial avatar is not displayed in the module, instead there is no image.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:39 pm
Hi

Can I see an example on Your site ?

GK User
Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:52 am
Hello I have the same problem. I am using the new jomsocial 2.0.3. Please let me know what I file I need to alter. Thanks so much
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:13 pm
Hi

Ok, so maby You will show me an examle of this problem on Your site ? :)

GK User
Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:46 pm
I have the same problem - the avatars that came with the SQL-dump file don't show on the Home page. I see them in the Media Manager but can't manually add them from the backend.

I am using Joomla 1.5.22 and JomSocial 2.0.3.

Some other items that I can't configure so far are:

1. Top Members and Top Stories Modules don't show on the Home page even though are enabled.

2. Login Module - appears on both Home page (Gavick) and JomSocial page. No integration as far I can tell. One would think that it should be just one on the home page.

3. Login Module (Gavick) doesn't include Terms & Conditions and Recaptcha as the JS Login module does.

4. Activity Stream doens't show on Home Page (Gavick).

Thank you
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:17 pm
Woyto wrote:The problem is as in the subject. If a newly registered member doesn't upload own avatar, the default JomSocial avatar is not displayed in the module, instead there is no image.

I have the same problem, I have Jomsocial 2.0.3 and Joomla 1.5.22. Here is my url: http://www.ffatest.se
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:59 pm
Hi

First url to the site with this problem :) But site is offline ;/ Please send me an access and some dummy user data.

GK User
Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:19 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

First url to the site with this problem :) But site is offline ;/ Please send me an access and some dummy user data.

I have emailed you the login details.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:12 am
I have multiple websites that use this module. Is there a way you can write out how to fix this problem in this thread. :) Thanks so much
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Have you found a fix for this problem?
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:10 am
Hi

I need to forward this to our programmer.

GK User
Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:23 am
hi,

I had similar problems too, the reason they are not showing (activities etc) could be:

A) you havent configured Gavik Tabs Manager (you need to create tabs and define their positions)
B) you havent installed activities module and/or havent publishes and/or havent defined position

can you maybe check above? follow the help file (pdf) for further details.

However, main problem remains the same: If a member doesnt upload an avatar "Members" Tab doesnt show the default avatar, only looks like an image that doesnt exist.

Capture.PNG
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:43 pm
hi teitbite/moderators,

have you had a look at the above problem? please can you tell us what to do to show the default jomsocial avatar if you are not releasing an update to the template? see my above post for a screenshot of a member (Administrator).

please help.

thanks
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:40 pm
Hi

I've forwarded this to the programmer and was told a week ago that the update will be realised. Please check the installation folder for the update. If it's not there yet than we need to wait a little bit longer.

GK User
Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:01 pm
thank you for your response. latest update date is Nov, so I think we will have to wait a little longer.

PS. Joomla 1.6 has been released as well, so I hope this update will include joomla 1.6 files too, that would be a real treat!

many thanks
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 pm
Hi

Please check the module. I've been told that it was fixed.

GK User
Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:21 pm
correct. it is fixed & it is in the party freak template.
thanks

EDIT
Ive played with the module settings (including the instructions), but for some reason in this corrected version "newest, active and popular" tabs are shifted to top. changing module or picture width didnt help either.

see the screenshot.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:34 am
Hi

Please guide me to this problem on Your site.

GK User
Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:59 pm
alpertheidiot wrote:correct. it is fixed & it is in the party freak template.
thanks

EDIT
Ive played with the module settings (including the instructions), but for some reason in this corrected version "newest, active and popular" tabs are shifted to top. changing module or picture width didnt help either.

see the screenshot.

I have the same problem.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:27 pm
Hi

I will say it again. Please show me the example of this error on some page so I will be able to see what's wrong.

GK User
Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:30 pm
hi,

I emailed you couple of days ago, I created an account sent you your username and password. I also gave a link to this forum. please check your gmail inbox (search for alper).
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:06 am
Hi

You're right. I have just get to this login data. Please log out from the joomla panel. I can see You are working with this module settings.

teitbite
Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:42 am
Hi

Ok. The images are not resized to the given values. I'm sending this back to the programmer.

GK User
Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:47 am
ok, will check for updates..

thanks
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:09 am
Hi

When have You installed the update ? I've just found a two days old mail from programmer that the update for Quay's member module was just realised. Please check if You got that version.

GK User
Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:49 pm

When have You installed the update ? I've just found a two days old mail from programmer that the update for Quay's member module was just realised. Please check if You got that version.

I downloaded the module from the rest files for Party Freak, should I have used the version that is in the reset files for Quay?
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:36 am
Hi

Yes please try it. I was told that this module was corrected for Quay also.

GK User
Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:07 pm
hi,

I think it was the latest update I tried. Nevertheless, I uninstalled and reinstalled (downloaded most recent release). Unfortunately same problem with the layout. No matter what I enter as "Avatar width" picture size doesnt change, which is the problem I think. If I change avatar height then it changes, but it doesnt help with the layout problem.

PS. I think it will be helpful if you update version info. for the latest module it is not quite up to date: 1.0.1 28/10/2009

thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:42 pm
I have now tried to use the module which is in the reset files for Quay instead but it is still the same problem:

http://www.fotoforalla.se/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:04 pm
I have now tried to install the latest update for this module 1.0.2 and the same problem is still there.

The problem is that the avatars are below the buttons "newest", "acitive" and "popular". The avatars should be inline with the buttons.

You can find the module on my site here:

http://www.fotoforalla.se/
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:18 pm
Hi

Programmer has just told me that this bug has been fixed today. Please upgrade the modules.

GK User
Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:51 pm
I have tried the new version 1.0.2 and unfortunately it is still the same (any luck with you erka?). I must admit I am quite disappointed the way this has been handled, it is understandable that bugs do happen, but they get corrected and tested fully before next release. Now there has been 2 releases and still the same thing. Maybe you dont actually test it??

Please could you ask your programmer to fix and test it before the next release? We are just going round in circles and wasting our time.

thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:53 pm
alpertheidiot wrote:I have tried the new version 1.0.2 and unfortunately it is still the same (any luck with you erka?). I must admit I am quite disappointed the way this has been handled, it is understandable that bugs do happen, but they get corrected and tested fully before next release. Now there has been 2 releases and still the same thing. Maybe you dont actually test it??

Please could you ask your programmer to fix and test it before the next release? We are just going round in circles and wasting our time.

thanks

I also still have the same problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:55 pm
thanks for quick response.. lets hope they fix it this time!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 am
Hi

He has checked it but for specific avatar size, so there were no problem. I've send it one more time.

GK User
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 am
hi, both me and erka are having the same problem. so there must be something wrong or missing. please let us know if the settings need to be different than help guide or module screenshots given in documentation.

thanks
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:08 am
Hi

New information in this problem. Please overwrite the attached files to /html/mod_gk_js_members/

And please add this 2 lines to gk_stuff.css:

Code: Select all
.gk_js_content{ clear:none!important; }
.gk_js_tabs { width:99px; }

GK User
Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:08 pm

New information in this problem. Please overwrite the attached files to /html/mod_gk_js_members/

And please add this 2 lines to gk_stuff.css:

Code: Select all
.gk_js_content{ clear:none!important; }
.gk_js_tabs { width:99px; }

I can´t find any of the files or folders you are talking about.

Where do I find "/html/mod_gk_js_members/" and where do I find the "gk_stuff.css" file?

I can´t find any of these in the "mod_gk_js_members" package I downloaded.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:32 pm
hi, uninstall the module and install the one I attached, I already replaced the php file.

for css, go to template settings (extensions, template manager in the backoffice), select the quay template, edit, edit css and select gavic stuff css and add above code, save.. thats all.

teitbite; thanks for the fix. I assume all the fixed files be included in template updates?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:19 am
Hi

Thanks alpertheidiot.

This files I have from our programmer so I believe it'll be updated soon.