Banner position is not lined up with the rest of the modules

Social Joomla! template ideal to promote activities and discussion at various levels with JomSocial support.
GK User
Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:15 pm
I like the look and feel of the Quay template and would like to use it without the JomSocial features.

I am trying to use the banner position with the Gavick Photo slide and the modules seem to be out of position.

First question.
Can I use Quay as a basic template by itself?

If you look at the following site.
ekta4.livmg.com

No matter what I do the banner seems to be out of line with the rest of the site, I have made the images bigger and smaller and they seem to always pull left

Second Question How can I fix this?

Lastly I have figured out how to remove the space between the banner and the mainbody, is their a way to close the gap between the menu and the banner?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:25 am
Hi

Well... yes. You can use it to other purpose.
When we say that this template have JS support, it's mainly on design.

About using Image Show module on banner position, i recommend that you add this code on gk_stuff.css file:

Code: Select all
#gk_banner {background: #fff;margin: 0 27px;box-shadow: 0 -5px 15px #a0a0a0; -moz-box-shadow:0 -5px 15px #a0a0a0; -webkit-box-shadow:0 -5px 15px #a0a0a0; -moz-border-radius: 3px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px; border-radius: 3px; padding: 20px 10px;margin-bottom: 15px!important}
#gk_banner .gk_is_wrapper.gk_is_wrapper-style1 {margin: 0 auto}

It should look like this... except on IE7 and IE8 - both don't support CSS 3 standards.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:41 am
Works just fine thank you very much, what about removing the space or reducing the space between the mainnav and the banner?
I have tried editing the CSS and have not figured that out as of yet.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:53 am
Try

Code: Select all
#gk_banner {margin-top: -15px!important}
a#logo {margin-top:-5px}
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:55 am
Works perfectly, thank you very much for your help today.
Senior Boarder