Problems Quay

Social Joomla! template ideal to promote activities and discussion at various levels with JomSocial support.
GK User
Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:16 pm
Hello, I Gavick a subscription for one year. Very interested by the product QUAY, but I have several problems when trying to use.

I did several installations following the documentation provided in the package, but when I test the site appears different problems, so it makes me feel unsafe to introduce the new service for my users.
I wonder what the latest versions of joomla and JomSocial I can actually use the theme QUAY the main problems and what should I consider and fix ?????
Really the products of Gavick are beautiful, impressive, visiting the forum saw some other customers complaining about the defending, but frankly I do not agree with defective products, for example you can not buy a new car and having to become a mechanic to use.

I am also in customer JomSocial and I think for now I'll just install it.
But wait a sincere response
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:55 am
Hi there valquirio,

I am having a problem myself and was wondering if you could help. I am trying to install Quay quick start, but I need help and I'm not really clear on how to install it. Could you assist me? Seems as though you are past this step, and I'm just needing some direction.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:50 am
ok
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:53 am
beplush wrote:
Hi there valquirio,

I am having a problem myself and was wondering if you could help. I am trying to install Quay quick start, but I need help and I'm not really clear on how to install it. Could you assist me? Seems as though you are past this step, and I'm just needing some direction.

Hi friend, I do not know what their specific problems, but follows in the footsteps of the file (HelpFileTemplateQuay), this theme Quay is complicated because there is no quick install, some things must be done manually.
Maybe if I could help you pass where having problems with this installation.

hugs
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:56 am
I never found quay to be difficult to install.

However quay is NOT compatible with the latest version of Jomsocial. But a compatible version is in the works as I understand it.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:59 am
can explain what problems you have? what is not working for you? can you post a url to your site?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:20 am
Hi friend thanks for attention, this time I downloaded the whole site to my computer, I am in several attempts to see the facilities that is more functional and less error. I'll make one last try today, if it fails it will return to the version that worked best was the JomSocial 1.6.290. but I do not think just working with a version that does not ta longer available on jomsocial.com.
Once finished this new installation I contact you.

grateful
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:06 pm
Hi

Quay is being recoded to the T3 framework and all the newest components as we speak. Please wait till the end of september when it'll be relised.

GK User
Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:45 pm
teitbite wrote:
Hi

Quay is being recoded to the T3 framework and all the newest components as we speak. Please wait till the end of september when it'll be relised.

Hello, many problems have been solved here, especially the installation of the theme.
Although you said you going to a new update until the end of September, can not stand it, got to continue to make modifications necessary for the proper functioning of my purpose. I'm reviewing the translation to JomSocial. 1.8.8 and test the new features. Yesterday I installed Kunena forum and had problems like slowness of the site and after a while stopped working (server error), so that saved the SQL database and everything returned to normal. But there is the question for the experienced friends
Note: the previous site I used the following components:
EventList 1.0.1 Stable en-US (list of events)
Kunena 1.5.8 en-US Forum (forum)
AdsManager 2.5.0 Full en-US (classified)

But when I wonder if the Kunena and fully compatible with the theme Quay??
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:10 pm
Hi

Sorry but I'm affraid that none of our templates are prepared for Kunena specyficaly, but please show me the problems. Maby I can help.

GK User
Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:34 pm
teitbite wrote:
Hi

Sorry but I'm affraid that none of our templates are prepared for Kunena specyficaly, but please show me the problems. Maby I can help.

I will not give you that job now, had not thought about the version I installed the Kunene. but I am already downloading the latest version, if the problem remains I contact you.

thank you for attending
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:36 pm
teitbite wrote:
Hi

Hello, I installed again and everything is normal. but I was attracted by a new product. I wonder if I can use comfortably with the theme Quay? follows the link of the product.

joomlaextensions.latitudweb.com/products/js-gkunena.html
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:03 pm
Hi

I'm pretty sure noone has talked about it before. Probably You'll be the first to test it :)