Quay + JomSocial 1.8.7 Not Working

Social Joomla! template ideal to promote activities and discussion at various levels with JomSocial support.
GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:28 pm
Joomla 1.5.20
JomSocial 1.8.7
Latest version of Quay

Brand new install. Have followed the tutorial video, done the SQL dump, and ended up with this error:

500 - DB function failed with error number 1062
Duplicate entry '82' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_community_users` ( `userid`,`points`,`thumb`,`avatar`,`params` ) VALUES ( '82','0','components/com_community/assets/default_thumb.jpg','components/com_community/assets/default.jpg','notifyEmailSystem=1nprivacyProfileView=0nprivacyPhotoView=0nprivacyFriendsView=0nprivacyVideoView=1nnotifyEmailMessage=1 nnotifyEmailApps=1nnotifyWallComment=0n' )

I then reinstalled Joomla.

Installed the Quay template + com + modules

Installed JomSocial 1.8.7 + plugins + modules

Uploaded Quay JomSocial template via FTP

I did not do the SQL dump.

BEFORE I activated the Quay template everything worked. I could go into JomSocial and use it properly (for example, upload a video or add an app).

What I found was:

1. Activate Quay in JomSocial and the template works in JomSocial (still using the default Joomla template)
2. Activate Quay in Joomla and JomSocial stops working properly. For example, if I click on "Add a video" it takes me back to the home page. No option to view friends, videos, photos, apps etc.

I've checked the updates section for Quay and am using the current files.

Help would be appreciated.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:53 pm
Hi guys,

I have the same problem too, after I installed gk_quay_J!15 template I got same error.

Joomla 1.5.20
Jomsocial 1.8.7

My website is password protected, if you want to access it, PM me so I can give you access.

Can some one help us? :)

Thank you very much guys
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 am
You use this information at your own risk.

Based on mine and zanebaxter's experiences, this is what worked for me. Keep in mind it might not work for you, and you need to make a backup of your site at every step of the way in case something goes wrong.

This was all done on a brand new install of Joomla, not on an existing site:

1. Download and install the JomSocial + Joomla package at www.jomsocial.com.
2. Install both the Joomla and Jomsocial quay templates.
3. Install the required Gavickpro files (tabs, news pro etc.). Do not install the JomSocial apps/modules. Watch the quay video for more info.
4. Move all image/language files for the SQL dump as per the video. Drop all tables from your database. Run the dump.
5. Update JomSocial to the latest version.
6. Update Joomla to the latest version.

When I'd finished that I had a fully working site. When zanebaxter did it his site mostly worked with a few missing bits.

To reiterate - there is no guarantee it will work for anyone else. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:42 pm
Thank you Phyrefli for your help, but I prefer to wait for Gavick team member to give us a easier solution to solve this problem.

It's been 3 days this Thread has been created and no one from the Gagick team replied, this is not what I call fast customer service.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:42 pm
Thank you Phyrefli for your help, but I prefer to wait for Gavick team member to give us a easier solution to solve this problem.

It's been 3 days this Thread has been created and no one from the Gagick team replied, this is not what I call fast customer service.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:28 pm
Hi

Such topic was answered meny times before. Quay doesn't support 1.8.7 version jet. But the work to rewrite Quay to T3 framework with Jomsocial support is in progress.

GK User
Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:23 pm
Hi teitbite,

Thank you for your answer. Do you have a date for when it will be released? It is very important for me, we are working with a project that will be using Jomsocial 1.8.7 and the project is supposed to be lunched mid October.

Thank you very much again.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:39 pm
As I know the Quay version 1.1.0 support Jomsocial 1.8, doesn't it?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:11 am
Well I followed Phyrefli instructions and things when pretty well except a few things.

Here what's not working well so far:
In JomSocial page the tabs are outside the box, you can take a look here: http://twitpic.com/2i7fib/full
As you can see Members, Videos and Recent activities are not wrapped around the box.

So far I haven't found other issues but I'll need to work a little more with the site.

Thank you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:16 am
Hi

facommunications please show me an exact page where this problem is present. Send user dumy data if needed to see this.

Unfortunately I do not know the exact date. But I'll help You as much as I can to make it look ok.

GK User
Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:22 pm
Please update GK JomSocial theme files.
The problem is there.

So, download again jomsocial_theme_31.07.2010.zip file, unpack and upload "gk_style" directory to ../components/com_community/templates/ and next you need to select "gk_style" theme on JomSocial Layout configuration.

That's it. ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:09 am
Has anyone solved this problem?

How?

TY
:)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:13 am
You guys should mention the versions on the download page. That way people don't waste time trying to install it on the wrong version of the software.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:32 pm
Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for your replies.

Here's my issue, I've downloaded jomsocial_theme_31.07.2010.zip file and uploaded it to component com_community/template but now I'm unable to see user menu in Jomsocial. You can see it in the attached image
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:22 pm
Which version of JomSocial are you using?
Our JS theme is working fine on this point, so we must see it live to try help you.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:54 pm
Ola Seichinha :)

I've sent you an email with the info to access the live site.

Thanks,
Helio
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:19 pm
Hi Guys,

It's been 4 days and I haven't had an answer. Could you please at least let me know if you guys are looking at the problem or if I'll have to wait for another template update?

Thank you,
Helio
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:35 am
Hi Guys,

I don't know how you organize for the support in the forums but it clearly is not working. It's been now 6 (six) days since I send a pm to Seichinha and since then I haven't heard from anybody from the support team.

Are you guys expecting me to buy a professional support subscription? I'm sorry but it won't happen specially if the only support you guys give is in the forum, I don't think you guys will be able to commit with what you say :( it is too bad because your products are good but unfortunately having a good product is clearly not enough, customer service is as important and you guys can't keep up with customers inquiries.

If you care at least a little with your customers, please at least say where you guy are with this issue, as this been addressed? Are the developers taking care of it? Are you planing at all to take this issue in consideration?

Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:38 pm
Hi Helio

Please accept my apologize. It seams that i accidentally erase your emails with data log, because i can't find them.

Send me again.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:11 am
Hi Seichinha,

I end you the email with the login info again, did you get it?

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:15 am
Yes, i did get it. But like i reply by email, the data log is not working on the URL that you provide me.

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Please check again.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:05 pm
Hi Hélio

You are using the old GK JomSocial theme for Quay template.
Please download the last version (jomsocial_theme_31.07.2010.zip) on Quay download files. Unpack, move to the respective location of JS templates and them select "gk_style" as default layout.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:44 am
Hi Paulo,

I don't think I was using the old GK Jomsocial theme, I had uploaded the 31.07.2010 them which fixed some issues. But just to be sure I'd be using the right one, I've unpacked jomsocial_theme_31.07.2010.zip file and uploaded theme gk_style to the com_community/template folder, I went then on Jomsocial configuration and have selected gk_style theme but the result is simply the same.

Can you please see what his going on with the development team.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:40 am
Hélio

I forgot that you also add to update quay version. Your old version was 1.0.9 and the recent one (specially prepared for JomSocial 1.8) is 1.1.0.

For time to time, check on template parameters if you have the latest version.

Everything is working fine now. ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:03 am
Hi Paulo,

I have the latest version, I'm using the gk_quay 1.1.0

As I said before, I had updated to the latest version when I asked for support in the forum. Guys, if you take a look at this thread, it's been more than one month we are having issues with this template and so far no one was able to help.

Have you reported this issue to the developers? Is some one looking at it or until now you guys have been assuming that we weren't up to date with the template?

I want to be patient and I know what it means to be a customer service representative, I've been one myself but I'm starting to feel frustrated, one month after we've reported the issue nothing has been done.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:02 pm
facommunications wrote:
I have the latest version, I'm using the gk_quay 1.1.0

Yes, you now have Quay version 1.1.0 because i updated ;) . Believe me, you add 1.0.9 installed and not 1.1.0.

Everything is working fine, like you can see on the screenshot. If you don't see it like this, please clear cache from your browser.

Abraço ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:28 pm
Hi Seichinha,

My apologies, I though I had upgraded to the last version, maybe I did this in my local machine and though I've done that in the server.

It is working well now, that you very much and once again my apologies for this misunderstand
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:46 pm
No problem Hélio. ;)
Platinum Boarder