DOES QUAY work with JOMSOCIAL 1.8.7?

Social Joomla! template ideal to promote activities and discussion at various levels with JomSocial support.
GK User
Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:56 pm
Both downloaded and installed today (8/18/10). It took me 6 hours follwing video closely TWICE.

Joomla Version 1.5.20
JomSocial (Trial) Version: 1.8.7 (they don't offer older versions for download)

There are no duplicate entries for #82. If I delete "#82" in the database, it just gives the error for "#81".

Error when accessing the site:

500 - DB function failed with error number 1062
Duplicate entry '82' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_community_users` ( `userid`,`points`,`thumb`,`avatar`,`params` ) VALUES ( '82','0','components/com_community/assets/default_thumb.jpg','components/com_community/assets/default.jpg','notifyEmailSystem=1nprivacyProfileView=0nprivacyPhotoView=0nprivacyFriendsView=0nprivacyVideoView=1nnotifyEmailMessage=1nnotifyEmailApps=1nnotifyWallComment=0n' )

----------------------
NOTE: In the video here: http://video.gavick.com/video/template/quay_nov2009

There are some differences:
1. The Gavick zip file (jomsocial_theme_31.07.2010.zip) only has "gk_style" folder and not those referenced in the video: gk_quay_blue, gk_quay_green, gk_quay_red
2. The video says the SQL dump should import 1271 queries, when the included SQL dump only does 211 queries

Not sure if this makes a difference...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:48 am
Joomla Version: 1.5.20
JomSocial version: 1.8.7

I've just gone through the same process and had the same error message, with the exception of 207 queries executed rather than your 211.

Is there any help with this?

EDIT: I tried dropping all tables and re-running the SQL dump, but that resulted in the same error.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:42 pm
I went another route and got better results. NOT ENTIRELY sure it works, because I have taken a break. But the site comes up and JomSocial (Trial) is installed and seems to be working.

Here's what I did:

1. I deleted EVERYTHING, including the database tables and started FRESH. (HostGator hosting)

2. I went to JomSocial and downloaded THEIR "QuickStart" which contains the current version of Joomla! with JomSocial.

3. I followed the GAVICK VIDEO EGGXACTLY :silly: from the point where it says "Install Joomla!", then install "Jomsocial". (around 54 seconds in...)

Apparently, JomSocial's "quickstart" doesn't have all the extras, so you'll have to do all of that.

Again, it LOOKS to be working with no errors, but I haven't tried poking around and adding stuff yet. You know how you have to take a break for a few days and un-cross your eyes and regain a little sanity :woohoo: , then tackle it again?

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

NOTE: Still missing the JomSocial template files from the Gavick Download for red, blue, etc..., so my DEMO does not let me see the different color layouts and the images for those are missin. Not sure about the disparity in the number of database tables and what affect that may have yet.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:19 pm
So you ran the SQL dump and it was OK?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:22 pm
Yes, the included Gavick SQL dump worked well. HOWEVER... when installing Joomla!/JomSocial "quickstart" that I got from JomSocial(Trial):

1. I declined (on a guess) to add the standard SAMPLE junk Joomla! data during installation.

2. At the end of the WHOLE process, I went back and DELETED the database that was created with the install process and then imported the SQL included with the Gavick template. I DID NOT import the included Gavick dump on top of the existing dump that's created during installation.

Hope this helps...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:38 pm
Thank you :)

Just to be clear though, you installed Joomla/JoomSocial, then installed all the extra bits (mods, coms, images, templates), then deleted all tables, then installed the quay SQL dump?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:00 pm
Yep. I took another look at my site and the Home Page tabs in the main rotating header are missing the content and the "Foto" section is empty, but I'll just check the Tabs Manager and module to try and populate.

The Gavick install IS missing the different Quay color themes.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:08 pm
Thanks, I'm going through it now.

One thing to note, the pre-packaged installer uses Joomla 1.5.14, the latest version is 1.5.20.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:33 pm
Just an update, the reason it's working is because the version of JomSocial is 1.5.248, while the latest version is 1.8.7.

The plugins for the latest version do not work with 1.5...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:44 pm
That make sense, but I just installed JomSocial 1.8.7 right on top of the existing, went through guided JomSocial install and all is still working. The Gavick files are not correct...
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Hi

That's because Jomsocial has almost completly changed between this versions. Please wait till the Quay will be rewritten to T3 framework. Than the jomcocial theme will be updated too.

GK User
Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:13 am
And when exactly will this update happen???
"Quay will be rewritten to T3 framework. Than the jomcocial theme will be updated too."
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:00 am
My site is working great! I am using the latest version of everything.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 pm
What??? How is this possible??? :dry: If you could please explain how you acheived this, it would be a GREAT help!!! Thanks in advance! :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:08 pm
Well apparently " snieves " got his to work with all the new versions! :blink: Maybe he can tell us how he did it cause This template is driving me CRAZY!!!! Makes no sence to pay for a product that does not work!...Disappointed!!! :dry:
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:53 pm
Hi

Sorry I cannot tell You the exact date of the update relise. I have been told that work is in progress.

GK User
Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:18 pm
Thank you Teitbite. I'll continue to keep an eye out for the update. Really hoping the update is released before the end of September, otherwise I'll have to go in another direction...Bummed! :(
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:10 pm
It is possible to get work the quay template as the demo
Joomla Version 1.5.20
JomSocial Version: 1.8.9

Solution is simple

Just follow all steps given in the documentation, except about the sql file. You have to execute the sentences without deleting no tables.

In www.atvea.com you can download the sql file for the solution to the given configuration.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:03 am
Can I just confirm that Jomsocial 1.8.9 works well with this version of quay? I havent tried an install with 1.8.9 yet so just want to give it a go but wondering if someone can reassure me here? Thanks in advance
Gold Boarder