New Quay with JomSocial 1.85 Help Please

Social Joomla! template ideal to promote activities and discussion at various levels with JomSocial support.
GK User
Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:17 pm
First off I'm a newbie so please be kind.

I following the instructions in the installation guide and had problems with the sql dumb.

I'm getting 500 - DB function failed with error number 1062 errors and duplicate key errors.

Is there a fix for this?
Fresh Boarder

michalkie
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:52 pm
If this is new install try drop all tables from this database.

GK User
Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:56 pm
No luck. View errors at http://jmcplatinumheat.com/index.php & http://jmcplatinumheat.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=68

500 - DB function failed with error number 1062
Duplicate entry '82' for key 1 SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_community_users` ( `userid`,`points`,`thumb`,`avatar`,`params` ) VALUES ( '82','0','components/com_community/assets/default_thumb.jpg','components/com_community/assets/default.jpg','notifyEmailSystem=1nprivacyProfileView=0nprivacyPhotoView=0nprivacyFriendsView=0nprivacyVideoView=1nnotifyEmailMessage=1nnotifyEmailApps=1nnotifyWallComment=0n' )
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:38 am
Silence Is Not Golden when you've paid your money for a membership that allegedly includes template support. The Quay template is advertised to work with jomsocial. It never specifically stated which version. Now I can understand the template requiring updates. What I cannot understand is the unwillingness to support paying customers ... PERIOD!

Losing my patience .... thinking about a refund ....
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:58 am
New subscriber here, and frustrated with the whole Quay/Jomsocial issue.

Looking at the forum, this has been a problem for weeks (months?), and it hasn't been resolved.

The only reason I subscribed was because I needed something that worked out of the box, now I'm told that it doesn't work, and "we are working on it".

Instead of working on new themes, how about fixing and supporting the existing ones. The ones people signed up to use.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:25 am
pdqdigitalmedia wrote:
Silence Is Not Golden when you've paid your money for a membership that allegedly includes template support. The Quay template is advertised to work with jomsocial. It never specifically stated which version. Now I can understand the template requiring updates. What I cannot understand is the unwillingness to support paying customers ... PERIOD!

Losing my patience .... thinking about a refund ....

You won't be able to strong arm the staff here into doing what you want, So if you want a refund you should ask for one. Lets face it you are here because you decided this template club has what you wanted. So be please patient They will fix Quay
Fresh Boarder

michalkie
Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:49 am
Please send me to email access to your ftp, phpmyadmin and include jomsocial package, i will try install and configure
it for you - like in our demo.

my email: [email protected]

GK User
Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:19 am
Thank you for your insightful reply. However, I don't see anything wrong in DEMANDING what I've paid for ... do you? Or are you in the habit of making charitable donations to template clubs? Granted the artistic and aesthetic value is what attracted me. But what good is a "pretty" template that DOES NOT WORK? I'd call it pretty darn useless. I'd rather move on to something ugly yet functional like Comuna3 from Template Plazza.

You describe my request as "strong arming", but why do I feel as though I've been "rapped"?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:37 am
michalkie wrote:
Please send me to email access to your ftp, phpmyadmin and include jomsocial package, i will try install and configure
it for you - like in our demo.

my email: [email protected]

Thank you for your offer. However, based upon my search for a solution on your forum, it would appear that I'm not the only one facing this issue. It would appear that your time would be better spent working to deliver a working template to the masses rather than a custom solution for just me. Besides, I've followed the tutorial to the letter -- 3 times. Unless you have updated coding, I do not believe that you'll experience different results.

Bottom line, I feel that if I've paid for it, then it should work -- right "out of the box". Wouldn't you agree?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:12 pm
Well, I'm in the same case! With the same error... I'm trying to fix it alone, but it's hard for me because I'm a beginner with Joomla!

What I try to do is to install all alone (in the same time, that makes me learning...). If I'm true, the new release of Jomsocial (1.8.5) is not compatible with a template done 6 months back... it's normal... so don't wonder or be surprise...

So... My goal is to create a music community about songs I like, to display live videos from youtube (or some I will host) that I found awesome... that gives you fellings like Janis Joplin singing "little girl of blues" at a live TV show.

It's a personnal website but I wanted to do more than a simple "blog". And to share it... with the world :blink:

At the same time, my idea is to discover new artists (not especially famous ones). My goal is not to make a cash machine but an area for peoples having the same affinities to sensibility as me.

But today, I'm lost because they are too much possibilities and things that I don't understand.

Here is my website: http://www.liveperf.net/ and my mail: lirtux @ gmail . com

I hope I will get advices!

I'm totally satisfacted of my subscription to gavick, I'm not a dreamer about "out of the box" solutions...

Sorry for my english, I'm french... :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:24 pm
lirtux wrote:

I'm totally satisfacted of my subscription to gavick, I'm not a dreamer about "out of the box" solutions...

Sorry for my english, I'm french... :)

I wish you well in your endeavors and hope that you will find a solution quickly. As for me, I build, deploy, and develop web solutions for a living. This is not a philanthropic expenditure of time for me. This is business! Yes it should work at purchase PERIOD. That the entire point of buying a template. If I wanted to waste time "figuring it out" I'd download for FREE from the warez sites!

Come on people wake up and get out of the coma. BTW I just discovered Rocket Theme ... their end to end support is PRICELESS!

Aggravation is FREE! You do not have to pay for it! MY CUSTOMERS DO NOT SETTLE FOR SUB PAR SERVICE AND SUPPORT THUS I CANNOT AFFORD TO EITHER. The purpose of spending MONEY to purchase a template and/or template club membership is save TIME.

All of this back and forth with ZERO solution has really made me want to put in a request for a refund. Additionally, the entire experience has left me with a BAD taste for Gavick Pro product.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 pm
pdqdigitalmedia wrote:
Thank you for your insightful reply. However, I don't see anything wrong in DEMANDING what I've paid for ... do you? Or are you in the habit of making charitable donations to template clubs? Granted the artistic and aesthetic value is what attracted me. But what good is a "pretty" template that DOES NOT WORK? I'd call it pretty darn useless. I'd rather move on to something ugly yet functional like Comuna3 from Template Plazza.

You describe my request as "strong arming", but why do I feel as though I've been "rapped"?

There you guys go the update is here, I told you they would upgrade it so all this complaining was for nothing, put your trust in this theme club they may not come when you call but they will be there when you need them, have a nice day
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:11 pm
Is there a resolution for the error?

500 - DB function failed with error number 1062
Duplicate entry '82' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_community_users` ( `userid`,`points`,`thumb`,`avatar`,`params` ) VALUES ( '82','0','components/com_community/assets/default_thumb.jpg','components/com_community/assets/default.jpg','notifyEmailSystem=1nprivacyProfileView=0nprivacyPhotoView=0nprivacyFriendsView=0nprivacyVideoView=1nnotifyEmailMessage=1nnotifyEmailApps=1nnotifyWallComment=0n' )
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:43 am
Hi

I did write something to this question at Your other post.

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:18 pm
teitbite wrote:
Hi

I did write something to this question at Your other post.

I've got the same error and have tried your solution - didn't work.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:48 am
Hi

And what was the solution. Sorry but I do not remember. Can You please paste the link to this other thread ?