Firebug detects javascript error

Social Joomla! template ideal to promote activities and discussion at various levels with JomSocial support.
GK User
Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:21 am
Hello,
I noticed my home page loads a little odd, articles on left hand side for a second then back to the right where they belong. Also the site is taking a little long than usual to load.

Here is the error I am getting.

Break on Error

$Gavick is not defined

try {$Gavick;}catch(e){$Gavick = {};};

Line 224

Anyone have any idea what that is? If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

http://www.doggeekz.com
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:23 am
I didn't get this error on your website. Did you get it on some subpage or on frontpage ?
Administrator

GK User
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:01 am
I got this right on the main page, the first land on the page is ok. Refresh the page and you will get the error when you refresh the page.

Which is also why I am probably seeing the odd refresh.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:44 am
Ok, I cannot reproduce it - do you have some problems caused by it or it is only a warning without any effects on website ?
Administrator

GK User
Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:02 am
Well,
When I have firebug open, I have it on script, then refresh my homepage, the page loads halfway, telling you where the error is, and it shows the line text posted up above.

Could it be my browser? Newest version of firefox?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:59 am
It is really strange because I'm also using newest Firefox version and it works fine for me - I've checked your website with cache, without cache and I've refreshed your page some times.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:20 am
I'm getting the same error on my page with Firebug.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:29 am
druth wrote:
I'm getting the same error on my page with Firebug.

Hi

Can you show us?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:47 am
snieves wrote:
Well,
When I have firebug open, I have it on script, then refresh my homepage, the page loads halfway, telling you where the error is, and it shows the line text posted up above.

Could it be my browser? Newest version of firefox?

Hi

I also can't see anything as your report.
Maybe some FF add-on is messing the browser? :huh: ... i would check that.

By the way, you might add this code on template.css file:

Code: Select all
.mod_googleSearch {margin-top: 8px!important;}
.mod_googleSearch .button {position: relative;top: -1px;height: 25px!important}

With this, google search input box will look better.

Also, if i were you, i would reduce the full width (1250px is too much for most browsers resolution)

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:43 am
Thank you for the tips.

I am on a 13" macbook pro and that width shows perfectly. What size browsers will have trouble with this one?

what what be the biggest most suitable size. I really like the open look with little space.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:04 am
i get this error too,bbut i reported like 4 weeks ago and wrote emails, but no support! because of this error the freinds locaton plugin of jomsocial doesnt work correctly (the jomsocial team said this)
site: spooken.net
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:50 am
I'm getting this too. I had to unplublish Gavik to resolve.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:12 pm
Will you guys post pictures of these errors, that would really help the commuinity and staff to help you
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:39 am
Hi

Please paste the message of this error.

GK User
Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:30 pm
I have the same issue and attached is what I get

visit http://www.deniutemuster.com.au/2011/ with firebug running and you should see this.

Yes I'm not running Quay but I having a similar issue on other Gavick templates and clients have said that until it's fixed they will use another template/modules/components to achieve what yours does. :S
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:05 pm
I don't see any error on firebug. ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 pm
If you open my link with firebug activated the page stalls at the break as indicated in the image ... nothing else happens until you turn off Firebug <shrug>

I tested the same page last night on another computer and it didn't happen on the first page load but did on the subsequent ones.
Expert Boarder