Problem with menu appearing

Social Joomla! template ideal to promote activities and discussion at various levels with JomSocial support.
GK User
Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:36 am
Hello everyone I am new to gavickpro. I installed the Quay template and have been trying to figure out how to make my main menu appear. I don't have the module position suckerfishmenu in my module positions, but according to the quay module position document, there should be a suckerfishmenu module.

Any idea on what I could have done wrong?

Thanks

Sam
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Hi

No, there's no suckerfish menu position. If in your template the menu don't show, check on template parameters if the "Menu name" field is correct. By default this should be "mainmenu", but if you change the name on Menus > Menu Manager, naturally it will not be display.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:37 pm
interesting so what module position should I set it to? I was confused because on the doc it shows suckerfishmenu.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:51 pm
See my previous post.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:10 am
it doesnt appear sir

No Way To Appear i changed the menu name either in menu manager and in template and nothing appear

Is There other Update ... or what is The solution for that ?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:56 am
did you have downloaded template latest files with updates ? Because in first releases of the template it has a problem with menu, but it was fixed later.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 pm
I have the some problem..

I tried to use other menu too.. but it doesn't appear..
How can we solve?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:15 am
Tried replacing my main menu as well to no avail. Then went to switch back and now I have 404 error on home page. I made sure unique menu name and template settings for moomenu match.

Only think that looks different is that now the menu only has one module associated with it in the menu manager (instead of 2, listed previously)

Which other module(s) should/need to be associated with the main menu?
I noticed that nearly all the homepage JomSocial related modules dissapeared as soon as I removed the default main menu.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:03 am
ncase wrote:
Tried replacing my main menu as well to no avail. Then went to switch back and now I have 404 error on home page. I made sure unique menu name and template settings for moomenu match.

Only think that looks different is that now the menu only has one module associated with it in the menu manager (instead of 2, listed previously)

Which other module(s) should/need to be associated with the main menu?
I noticed that nearly all the homepage JomSocial related modules dissapeared as soon as I removed the default main menu.

Hi

Can you send me admin access?

paulo[at]gavick[dot]com
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:59 pm
I have the same problem. I can't see suckerfish menu position!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:49 pm
Because suckerfish menu position doesn't exist - you can specify in template options which menu module is loaded on menu position.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:53 pm
So why you advertise this menu?
Don't get me wrong, yours templates are cool! But it's very confusing when you see on demo page one thing and then when you instal template, you can't find what are you pay for?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 pm
Menu position isn't typical Joomla! module position - it is a hard-coded static place where is loaded menu specified in Joomla! template settings. That's why on module positions image menu positions usually have different color than other module positions...
Administrator

GK User
Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 pm
Understood. I'm also pretty sure I understand how the menu adjustment is supposed to work in Quey - but it doesn't seem to work for me. Dziudek are you available to send an admin login to see if you can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

[I'm currently creating a new menu, giving it a new unique name, populating it with a few menu options, setting it as default, and then updating the unique name in the Quey template moomenu properties]

Cheers
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:49 am
The top menu disappears after login :-( oh sorry it's me ^^ my mainmenu is too big because i have options for registred users.

i think it's the same problem for you, look if your mainmenu is not too large compared to the width of template.

Thank you for this great template
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:06 pm
FIXED | The problem is having a menu that is too long. Just spent 3 hours trying to figure this out. Would be helpful if this information was included in the manual.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:07 pm
Is there any chance that Quey will come with t3 framework and megamenu
Fresh Boarder