Module or button only for guest

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:16 am
Hello,

I`m looking to publish a module or button on my homepage only for Guests, not for registered ones. (ex : LOGIN). Just like Gavick is doing on this site. Anyone did this before and can help me ?

PS: Im using Yourshop template. Dont know if is joomla or template modification.

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:11 pm
The easy way if you're using J1.5.x is to install NoNumber Advanced Module Manager it offers lots of ways to apply conditions to modules. If you install NoNumber Ext. Manager you can install advanced module manager and other plugins and modules from NoNumber using it. It will also give you an easy way to keep upto date with the versions, Peter updates code regularly!

You could also try MetaMod which is another extension which allows conditional control of site content and modules etc. You can check it out on the JED that link is to the developers page because there are two packages MetaMod and MetaTemplate Pro and Free.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:58 pm
Very good information.
Cheers bud.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:02 pm
No problem...once you use Advanced Module Manager you will wonder how you ever got by with out it. It's simply brilliant! B)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:47 pm
please bear in mind, that there has been a few problems with advanced module manager and gavick template manager...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:50 pm
I can give a shot for manual modify as well if explodedk can provide me details.
Simple case: I want the last button from menu to be Login for guests and Logout for members.

Thank you
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:29 pm
Hi

I'm not sure if You'll be able to make it in the menu, but for sure You can simply move login module to display in this place and style similar to the menu, so noone will know the difference :)

GK User
Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:24 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

I'm not sure if You'll be able to make it in the menu, but for sure You can simply move login module to display in this place and style similar to the menu, so noone will know the difference :)

That is what i`m looking for, tryed to publish a new login module. Problem is i cannot choose menu position from dropdown in this template (Yourshop) and even if i choose any positions from menu2 to menu10 is not showed up.

I miss something.... :]

PS: When i do preview from template manager i cannot see any position for menu style.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:01 am
Hi

I suggest to use any module position. Add a module class suffix. For example "logininmenu" and than use the css:

Code: Select all
.logininmenu {
position:absolute;
right:100px;
top:200px;
z-index:9999;
}

and set it in right position.