Ok this has got to stop.. NOW

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:57 am
It's not like I have nothing to do but gripe about a template but for the last two days I've been finishing Yourshop. I just don't undertsand why this template was never finished. I mean I know there will be no Jomsocial templates until they get off the cocaine, they been making a new version every week.

But for the life of me I don't understand why Yourshop was such a great design but never finished when it's nothing more than a clone of Mystore with changed graphics.

1. No styled module tabs, I'm no pro but it took me 30 minutes, I just stole the css from Mystore and edited it.

2. The menu system isn't finished, Why have T3 framework when you can't even put a module in the menu because there is no styling. Yeh I'll add my own but damn.

3. Why has there been no serious updates to yourshop when we all know it's full of errors when it comes to styling (tips hat to the programmer).

4. Image show isn't fully styled, it looks like an after thought.. owe yeh we need a image show... blam! There is a great contrast from Sporter to Yourshop when it comes to imageshow.

Look I've been coding for 28 hours straight. I shouldn't have to finish menus, tabs, and find errors in code that I paid for. I want you to know I for one will gripe if this is going to become a trend.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:04 am
Hi

mongo2006 wrote:1. No styled module tabs, I'm no pro but it took me 30 minutes, I just stole the css from Mystore and edited it.

Where did you see the info that this template have Tabs Manager style support?

2. The menu system isn't finished, Why have T3 framework when you can't even put a module in the menu because there is no styling. Yeh I'll add my own but damn.

What do you mean the menu system isn't finished?
Did you already saw all menu suffix variations set on this template?

3. Why has there been no serious updates to yourshop when we all know it's full of errors when it comes to styling (tips hat to the programmer).

I'm sure he will be very grateful.

4. Image show isn't fully styled, it looks like an after thought.. owe yeh we need a image show... blam! There is a great contrast from Sporter to Yourshop when it comes to imageshow.

Image Show is not fully styled?!?!? :huh: Really???

Look I've been coding for 28 hours straight. I shouldn't have to finish menus, tabs, and find errors in code that I paid for. I want you to know I for one will gripe if this is going to become a trend.

If you have found some errors or bugs, we will be glad to receive your reports and will fix them.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:05 am
I would have rather you took the time fixing the template than replying a week late to this post. Regrettably it's time wasted because I'll be damned if I'm going to write out all the errors I've found in Yourshop by actually installing and testing common and commercial software, it's just too many. Besides that's what I pay Gavick for so I don't have to worry about that.

I don't make photo galleries, I don't use custom (html) modules, everything on the site that I make is dynamic so many components have to work together, that in it's self is a trick, but to have the base template working against you is just not going to happen in my world.

Lol is that a joke? yeh a suffix will work anywhere because... lol it's a suffix! but have you actually put one in the menu of Yourshop. I have some unique places I would like to shove a few suffixes.... who coded the JS on this template lol. The fact remains the menu system isn't styled outside of level 10.

it only took me 10 minutes to rip the CSS out Mystore and restyled Yourshop to look just like Mystore megamenu
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:39 pm
mongo2006 wrote:I would have rather you took the time fixing the template than replying a week late to this post. Regrettably it's time wasted because I'll be damned if I'm going to write out all the errors I've found in Yourshop by actually installing and testing common and commercial software, it's just too many. Besides that's what I pay Gavick for so I don't have to worry about that.

If you don't want to show us the errors that you have found, them... with all do respect... we can't help you.

We use T3 framework with some features added by our development team. Our template use Mega Menu system, with megamenu, dropline and splitmenu types. This is not a module, so it cannot be handled like so.
About styling the menu, yes you need to add your own, that's why lot's of our members are WebDesigners and do their homework.
Lol is that a joke? yeh a suffix will work anywhere because... lol it's a suffix! but have you actually put one in the menu of Yourshop. I have some unique places I would like to shove a few suffixes.... who coded the JS on this template lol. The fact remains the menu system isn't styled outside of level 10.

One thing is Megamenu system added on template. The other is joomla mainmenu module that have module suffix available, like in all template out there.

Honestly, if you keep talking this way, with all do respect, we will not take you seriously.

Best regards
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:51 pm
Honestly, if you keep talking this way, with all do respect, we will not take you seriously.

With all do respect I've come to that conclusion about Gavick for about the last 4 templates. I have come to love Gavick as a graphical idea base when it comes to Joomla templates. The problem comes in when the template is all graphics and no code. XT(you know who) did exactly the opposite. they went all graphics but didn't know how to code but they tried! and every template had hundreds of errors, and bloated.

I cant draw a circle good, I can't do color pallets, I simply suck at graphics, I lack the inspiration and eye for it. But I can code my azz off, usually 18-20 hours a day EVERY day. I get so deep into Gavick template code it's no-longer Gavicks because everything is changed in one way or the other.

My point in saying this is it only takes a few days to make a gavick template because of the modular code the only difference is the css and images. Every template is just a copy of the template base. So why was the option for modules in the megamenu never styled, it's not like you had to code it, it's only css.

Just because I can code DON'T mean I want to have to do it, if your going to have a T3 badge I expect T3 capabilities, ALL of them. Anything else is just an excuse to me, the code is there and all Gavick has to do is style it. That's where Gavick has failed, and it's getting worse every template.
Platinum Boarder