Straight Talk About Mootools

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:17 pm
Gavick has done a wonderful job creating marketable and styke trending templates. But there is a situation that is looming that effects my workflow an that's mootools. Now I need some simplae answers about Gavicks plans to deal with mootools.

1. Virtumart has no plans or resources to make virtumart 1.2 compatible. This is a quote from the lead programer of virtumart. So with this said what are Gavicks plans to upgrade MyStore?

Code: Select all
It's not as simple as that. Using MooTools 1.2 instead of MooTools 1.11 could as well break something in the front-end, so it should be well tested; at the moment we don't have anyone with the right knowledge and with the time to do it.
In this case users' pledge is not enough if we don't have anyone who can do that.

I agree MooTools 1.2 is a good thing but PLEASE ANYONE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE STRONGLY FOCUSING ON RELEASING VIRTUEMART 1.5, which will bring many improvements. With 1.5 so near, 1.1.x coding will be JUST bug fixing.

Of course, again, if anyone else can contribute by testing MooTools 1.2 support and/or paying someone to do that, then i would be glad to include it in 1.1.x.

Hope everyone can understand our position, we have very limited resources.

Whith the new version of Kunena only running 1.2 and Jomsocial heading that way I need.

1. Gavicks plan of attack about upgraing templates to 1.2 mootools

2. I need the order of which templates will be upgraded if any.

3. I need to know if there is a way to load 1.1 for some component and 1.2 for others.

4. is Gavick going to make a update to Virtumart to make it 1.2 compatible.

5. is there a combination of compaonents that allow a store, Kunena, and gavick 1.2 capable templates to run mootools 1.2.

I think you can see my drift, mootools 1.2 is a hole I dont have the expertise to dig myself out of. But I can see my self and my buisiness falling into it.

So respectfully I'm asking for some advice.
Platinum Boarder