Joomla Lifetime Membership

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:27 pm
Hi,

I just found today in my email box the message about "GavickPro acquired by JoomlArt".
I purchased a Joomla Lifetime Membership!
So, my question is, what is going to happen now?
I'll continue my "Joomla Lifetime Membership" to JoomlArt?
Regards,

Nikolas
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:34 pm
nkarageo wrote:Hi,

I just found today in my email box the message about "GavickPro acquired by JoomlArt".
I purchased a Joomla Lifetime Membership!
So, my question is, what is going to happen now?
I'll continue my "Joomla Lifetime Membership" to JoomlArt?
Regards,

Nikolas

I am in the same situation as Nikolas, looking forward to your reply on this matter.

Regards

John
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:20 pm
there goes one of my favourite Joomla theme sources :( ... paid for a lifetime subscription in 2011 and never regretted it even though i only needed themes for just a couple of sites. Unfortunately the definition of "lifetime" tends to have quite a short span these days.

So long, and thanks for all the fish! :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:08 pm
Also signed up for a lifetime membership a good while back. I would have quite happily kept a regular subscription going here, even just for access to some of the modules which I still use today.

Some of the best templates I've used have come from here.

Best wishes to everyone at Gavick.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:35 pm
Lifetime membership plans of older users will be converted to annual renewals, provided they buy the Support Plan ($39) now to avail the benefits that would be rolled out exclusively for gavick users.

:dry:
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:41 pm
What don't you (joomlart/gavick) understand about "LIFETIME" Membership?
Why is it changed it to annual?
We made the choice to buy a LIFETIME subscription at Gavick to avoid having annual fees.
So actually gavick has been FRAUDING people.
Great. I'd like to hear how you justify this?
We are considering legal actions.
Fresh Boarder

Robert Gavick
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:51 pm
Dear Molod,
You paid for a lifetime subscription and thanks to this you have access to all the files and forum support.
Because we close our business, we are no longer able to provide support for our products.
All of the files are yours and will be yours, you can use them forever.

If you are still interested to get a support and updates you should take advantage of the Joomlart offer.
I apologize for any inconvenience, unfortunately, we could not continue the business.
Administrator

Robert Gavick
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:00 pm
MoloD wrote:So actually gavick has been FRAUDING people.

The last life subscription was sold over 2.5-3 years ago. For 79 euros you got an access to dozens of themes and forum support.
Just check out the competition offers eg. Themeforest - for $40-$60 you can buy one theme only and for additional fee - 6 months of support.
This is why I think our offer was good. Unfortunately for financial reasons we have to shut down our business.
Once again sorry for that.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:41 pm
Robert, I can understand your situation and I think it is rotten for you and us. The only thing which is bothering me is your last remark. I also have a lifetime license and of course I am not happy at all also but we bought it specially because you gave a good deal ..... that's why.
Now this deal is of the table and I am not happy to go to Joomlart actually ... bigger doesn't mean automatically better .....
Of course we can use the templates forever but it was not the intend why we bought the lifetime license.

Nevertheless it is to late I guess .... these words will vanish also but I truly hope that you will continue what you are doing and I want to thank all of you for making these great templates! They were the best!
Senior Boarder

Robert Gavick
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:53 pm
Thanks for your message and kind words. I understand guys, your point of view. Unfortunately, we can no longer provide our services. Thanks to Joomlart, if you bought our themes after 31 March 2017 you can still get a support and updates without any fee. If until this time you have to pay $39.
All our support team will work for JA now, so you will be able to get at least these same or better level of tech support.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:45 pm
Robert Gavick: "Unfortunately, we can no longer provide our services".
Me: I don't understand what you are getting at.For me this Is mean "I was lying, i was getting your money and now you have to pay EXTRA $39 to JoomlArt (for a short period of course and not lifetime) and stop bother me".
Also, i'd like to share the answer from JoomlArt to the same question (i send them an email asking the same question as in this topic) and draw your own conclusion:
================JoomlArt answer================
HI Nikolas,

let me try to break down the points :

1. Gavick is shutting down in the current form, JoomlArt being there or not, the writing was already on the wall and it was to happen.
2. Lifetime membership for current products is still valid and you can download all products till 18th October 2017 and use for life.
3. Gavick is to delete all user data on 18th October 2017. We are starting afresh.
4. User database is not part of the acquisition and all gavick user accounts stand to be terminated on 18th October 2017.
5. We are still more than willing to honor Gavick's commitment to recently joined users as they would be hurt most as they didnot even have to explore the products and avail the support.

Remember, you can download all gavick products in current form and use them for life. Only if you wish to access updates and support to Gavick products once they are taken over by JoomlArt, you would need to pay for the same.

The users who are to purchase the Gavick Support Plan for $39 now, are certainly going to benefit as they would be the one's who have shown confidence in us. They would be provided with multiple options for upgrades and access across Joomlart, JomSocial and ijoomla at a very nominal price.

You need to understand that Gavick is exiting Template development market and they had option either to shut down everything and leave the users stranded OR let others (in this case JoomlArt) to take care of their users and products.

If you ask me, it was the lifetime membership plan that probably forced Gavick's hand. Development, maintenance and support is expensive affair and needs a sustainable business model, where you have multiple source of income in this case from new users as well as from loyal members through renewals. But for renewals the plan has to expire right?

Face it, Lifetime memberships do not work, Joomla is not what it used to be and trust me even wordpress theme market is also in shambles. While new product development do involve investment in terms of human resources, which are higher for companies with offices and permanent staff, even the product maintenance and continuous support is not cheap and that's where Gavick was unable to generate enough revenue to fund new products or continue support without making any profit.

Regards
Dr. Arvind Chauhan /
Chief Operating Officer
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
JoomlArt
https://joomlart.com
================JoomlArt answer================

It's a shame for both of them!
Senior Boarder

Robert Gavick
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:15 pm
nkarageo wrote:I was lying, i was getting your money and now you have to pay EXTRA $39 to JoomlArt

First of all please read the article https://www.gavick.com/blog/ and our Fb profile. We do not force you to use JA offer. It's your decision if you still want to have an access to the support and updates. All our themes are yours and you can use them forever.
I wrote "Unfortunately, we can no longer provide our services" due to closing the business. Our bad, from a long time finance situation, does not allow us to continue business.
Once again sorry for all inconvenience.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:05 pm
i paid 99 euros in 2011 for lifetime membership without using the Facebook discount coupon that was available at the time (not that it was much of a discount anyway).

i realized from the start that "lifetime" would most likely won't be more than 5...10 years or so because it was not quite making sense from an economics point of view, especially in the support services market, but i could not afford to pay JoomlArt's fees, which are insane when considering just the two silly websites that i maintain.

I chose Gavick instead of JoomlArt to have a few years of access to some quality templates even if the volume was not high in number of templates. Overall, for me, it was 6 years of support and doing the math, 99/6 = about 16,5 euros for each of these years since then.

if JoomlArt would let me pick ONLY 5 templates and allow me to change once a year (or when a template goes EndOfLife) which 5 templates i get, i might consider a yearly subscription of, let's say 15 euro (VAT included) for just 5 templates that i get to pick - i would only end up using just one or two anyway.

BUT, as it is now, i don't see myself paying even their 39 USD/year legacy support plan. Keep in mind that if you are from Europe you have to also add VAT on top of that 39, which would make it about 46,8 USD/year.
This is because US prices are generally quoted without tax, unless it's mentioned explicitly, and there's no mention of tax anywhere on that page.

I guess i'll have to switch to one of the free templates when Joomla 4 arrives, probably early next year.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:14 pm
Hey, here is question from FB page...

"So, just to be clear, I do understand that you had to close bussiness. It's ok, it happens.

Hewever, clients have paid for service/product. So, to get it, they were obligated to pay it. Obligation brings rights, and vice versa.

1) If GavickPro has sold its rigts to another company, then another company has to take obligation as well (JA in this case).

2) If GavickPro didn't sell its rights, that means that someone has just created bussiness over GavickPro death body.
- a) New busins is illegal due to copywright, so JA is in crime
- b) New busins is not illegal due to copywright, so anybody can make bussiness over GavickPro products

Now, please, did you or did you no sell rights to JA?
Senior Boarder

Robert Gavick
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:29 pm
Hi hippus,
User bought an access to the files, updates, and support. All of them you were able to receive from us.
Because I'm the owner of the brand, domain etc.. I can sell these things eg. you or not. It's my business.
What about the license and rights to the products: just read about the GPL license.
You have a rights to distribute, modify the theme as you want and sell them eg. your clients. Many people created websites for their customers based on our products.
But you can not use our name, logo etc... its prohibited.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:35 pm
Hi Robert,
so, we talk about 2. a) ?
I mean, some 3rd party can start giving support just as JA will?
Senior Boarder

Robert Gavick
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:57 pm
hippus wrote:Hi Robert,
so, we talk about 2. a) ?
I mean, some 3rd party can start giving support just as JA will?
I leave it to you.
Administrator

Robert Gavick
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:00 pm
Update : Lifetime membership plans would be continued post gavick exit with lifetime access to downloads and lifetime support via ticket system along with 6 months of updates. Lifetime members need to fill in the form by following the following link: https://www.joomlart.com/joomlart-gavick
Lifetime members who bought Support plan can request for refund by following instruction updated here >> https://www.joomlart.com/joomlart-gavick

Ps : I hope you will like this move, I did everything I could do.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:44 pm
thank you.
i changed my gavick account email address today, prior to filling that JoomlArt form. The address is still on the same base domain but with a somewhat different address antispam tag, just to keep things separate between the old gavick database and the database that gets ported to JoomlArt.

(i was a bit puzzled though... the site didn't verify either the old email address or the new one - is that normal?)
Fresh Boarder