Template Configuration doesn't work in j3.7.3

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:17 pm
So I started updating my clients websites, only to discover that Gavick templates are not working properly in the latest joomla update. In the administration - Template, the menu is missing on the top so you can't actually change anything in the template after you update. I hope that you will soon be releasing updates for the templates :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:06 pm
I have the same problem...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:13 pm
After updating the Temlpate and clear Browser cache it works fine!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:15 am
Hi

That's correct. After updating joomla to 3.7.x You also need to update templates to a compatible version. If You can't do that because of some modifications done a quick fix is:

change the following line from /admin/scripts/js file:

Code: Select all
var type = items[i].split('=')[0].test(/^\d+$/) ? 'ItemID' : 'Option';

into:

Code: Select all
var type = !isNaN(items[i].split('=')[0]) ? 'ItemID' : 'Option';

GK User
Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:17 pm
Well I would love to update the template, but let's say I am using Villa (I actually do), there is no update.

Updated on:05/04/2016

I guess at least there is a work around.
Is gavick dropping support to all the old templates?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:25 pm
Hi

By Villa You mean "Hotel" template ? It was updated for this particular issues which was bring by new joomla. So all You need to do is to replace/overwrite /admin/scripts.js file or edit it and apply the fix I've mentioned in my last post of this thread.