PHP 7 and Joomla

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:14 pm
Hi,
I tried to change from php 5.6 to php7 from cPanel.
But my website stopped working and displaying that cannot connect with MySQL.
Joomla installation is MySQLi, even I tried to change to PDO...also in cPanel changing various services in php7, but nothing, always saying that cannot connect to database.

Do you know the way to move from 5.6 to 7?

Thank you!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:53 pm
Hi

That should be it. A simple update of PHP version. This joomla message only shows if a result of database connection in NULL, so there actually must be some issue there, check connection details, maybe something is missing now. What joomla version You had installed ?

GK User
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:21 pm
Hi,
thanks for quick answer.
I currently have 5.6. when switch to 7 website does not work.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:54 pm
Hi

I know that, but I need some more details. Are there any error messages? If it's just white screen, make sure error showing level is increased in joomla global configuration or in php.ini. Is joomla panel working when You update PHP to PHP7 ? What joomla version are You using?

GK User
Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:39 pm
Hi,
hosting provider upgrade it to php 7.0.10.
Now everything works fine, so far...tested contact forms, every page, lightboxes, in Chrome and IE...works fine.
Please close this tread.

Thank you!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:03 pm
Hi

Ok. I wonder what was that than ;/ Closing thread as requested.