Required Field in GKContact?

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:37 pm
Is there any way to set required fields in gkcontact so that if I enable recaptcha it is required?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:53 am
It's a fairly simple question, I would appreciate a response.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:46 pm
Hi

Recaptcha in always required. If it will not be filled there will be a message shown that it's incorrect.

Unfortunately other fields would requires an extra codding to add requirement functionality.

GK User
Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:46 pm
Okay, so can you please let me know if I can do the following? Let me know where to edit the text in gk contact so I can add a message right below the submit button; this way people don't miss it. Otherwise, the same action occurs when they click submit... so if you are on mobile and forget to click "I am not a robot," the consumer things they sent you an email because they do not see any error. I can't lose email, but at the same time, I am getting a non-stop flow of spam.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:18 pm
Hi

Please tell me the url to the page You have this form, because what You say is impossible. If reaptcha is activated and is not filled correctly than a message is shown. I need to see what can be wrong in You case.

GK User
Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:54 pm
OK, sent pm
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:51 pm
Hi

I was hoping to see this re-captcha to check what is the problem ;/ Anyway the code for this form is at /plugins/system/plg_gkcontact/plg_gkcontact.php, function onAfterRender()

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:46 pm
Okay, I enabled it again, but this is the same way in the demo. Basically, if someone clicks on Send Message, without clicking "I am not a robot," it refreshes the page, starts off at the top, and shows an error after someone scrolls down. Most people are going to think that the message had been submitted successfully. Please help with this. Thanks.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:36 pm
Hi

Ok. I see what is happening. Message is shown, but page takes some time to load and it disappears before page is revealed. The only thing I can advice is to add this code to override.css to make sure it is visible all the time.

Code: Select all
#system-message-container {
    display: block !important;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    position: fixed;
    top: 50%;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 999;
}

You may play with top value to set it in a different part of the screen.

GK User
Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:51 am
I did that, and enabled CSS overide and it didn't do anything.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:15 pm
Hi

Your CSS is cached, so new code will not be added to it without clearing it. Try also disabling CSS compression before doing that.