Can't edit articles (Error decodin JSON data)

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:46 pm
When I try to edit a article in Joomla I get the following error message:
Error decoding JSON data: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded

And in the error log it states the following:
Code: Select all
PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$moduleclass_sfx in /mysite.com/templates/gk_technews/lib/framework/helper.api.php on line 138

On line 138 in that file I see:
Code: Select all
if(stripos($params->moduleclass_sfx, 'gray-bg') !== FALSE) {

Do anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

I use latest version of Joomla.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:35 am
Hello.
I've updated joomla to 3.6.3 (gk_box_quickstart_J!3.zip). Now I have the same errors when I try to edit or create a new article (k2 or simple one) or try to go to virtuemart/shop:

An error has occurred.
0 Error decoding JSON data: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded.

Please see the attachment.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:44 am
Hi

If this error is showing in administrator panel than our template has nothing to do with it. I think Your server configuration may not meet joomla requirements. Please report this to joomla developers or Your hosting support. https://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/tec ... ments.html

Joshua M
Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:29 am
Hello,

TinyMCE editor causes the error. If you switch Default Editor (Global configuration) to "none" everything works properly. (Problem is visible only on servers with PHP 7.0.x)

The only solution for now is clearing "params" field (column) of tinymce plugins (plg_editors_tinymce) from jos_extensions table within your database. (remember about database backup before any changes)

GK User
Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:47 pm
Dear Joshua,

Thank you for help.

I've just changed TinyMCE to Editor-JCE (I use a server with PHP 5.5). It works!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:04 pm
Thank you for help Joshua M... i have same problem.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:57 pm
Hi

Ok. Looks like it's a good solution :) I haven't known that either. Anyway, closing this thread now.