Updating template by overwriting files

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:00 am
Every time we install the latest template versions, some modules get changed to the default settings, which requires changing all those modules again. If list of changes for the latest template version shows a list of files that were added or changed, can we simply just overwrite changed template files, instead installing the whole template? Will that work?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:32 am
Hi

Yes it will work. In updates section You will find a list of all changed files which can be overwritten.

It is not normal than template installation changes module settings. Module settings are stored in database and template installation only affects one row in it. So if any other changes are done it may be a sign that database has some problems. I would advice to run some diagnose on it.

GK User
Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:01 am
Thank you. Your upgraded template changes all logos and background of one module. That is why I asked about the overwrite, it's faster than searching for changes and changing images again.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Hi

Can You please tell me more about this module ? Which one is it and have You made some changes to it in code ?