Installing a component

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:48 pm
Hi,
Please, how to solve this error message below while installing a component on Joomla 3.5:
"
Warning

JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file." ?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:11 pm
Hi

This means that it's not a joomla 3.5 component. Maybe it's in a package and You need to unpack it before installing. It's really hard to tell what the problem can be. What are You trying to install?

GK User
Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:58 pm
Hi,
At that time i tried unsuccessfully to install the followings : Akkeba Backup (on my Joomla 3.4), and and some templates or components for Directory Business applications (Business Yellow pages).
So if you can help...
Many thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:04 am
Hi

Try update joomla to latest version, this may be because all those component are for joomla 3.6 already. Send me an access to joomla panel so I'll try with akeeba and see what the problem may be.

GK User
Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:16 pm
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I'm still working on my localhost (with Zampp Control Panel V3.0.12).
And when trying to Upgrade Joomla 3.4 to 3.6, i have the following error messages:

Warning
Update: :Extension: Could not open https://update.joomla.org/core/sts/extension_sts.xml
Notice
Before you update Joomla, ensure that the installed extensions are available for the new Joomla version.

Live Update
Upload & Update

We can't find a download URL

An update to Joomla 3.6.0 was found, but it wasn't possible to fetch the download URL for that update. There are two possibilities why this happens:
- Your host doesn't support the minimum requirements for Joomla 3.6.0 and there is no alternative download for your configuration available.
- There is a problem with Joomla Update Server.

Could you still try some help for that ?
Many thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:30 pm
Hi

Try using a regular update package which You can find on joomla.org site.

Check if Your server meets joomla 3.6 requirements.

Sorry, but I cannot do much without looking at this problem.