Front end editing crippled

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:07 pm
Hi,

I've produced a couple of sites using Gavick templates only to discover that front end editing has been crippled. i.e when a user logs into the front end there are no edit buttons etc. Quark was one such, can't recall the other right now. Can someone from Gavick say which are the templates to avoid for front end editing. I do a lot of sites for clients with limited computer skills and this is a real issue for me.

Thanks

Ken
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:22 am
Hi

What content type edition You have in mind ? From what I know in some templates it was placed in the same area as print and mail, so requires one of those options to be enabled as well.

GK User
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:54 am
Clients need to be able to add and edit Joomla articles as well as some module content.
I think there's more to it than simple enabling print and mail buttons. See my earlier question here:

https://www.gavick.com/forums/quark/def ... tton-50903

I ran out of time on that occassion so had to find another solution, but I have another Quark dev site up and running if you want to take a look.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:54 pm
Hi

Editing functionality is all there, just button was grouped with Print and E-mail. I've just checked. If You want to use edit alone change line 238 in /html/com_content/article/default.php from:

Code: Select all
<?php if (!$this->print) : ?>

to

Code: Select all
<?php if (!$this->print || $canEdit) : ?>

At least I think it will release the button. If it doesn't than make sure frontend editing is enabled and send me an access to joomla panel and ftp.