Problem site hacked

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:44 pm
Hello everyone, I am suffering almost daily with problems of hacked sites.

I am using the templates "Restaurant" and "Creativity". The Restaurant has been hacked twice and erased the entire site, which I found strange is that use secure passwords and my computer formatted in less than 5 days, so do not believe in the possibility of viruses.

The Creativity that asks nothing of all passwords and have to access the phpmyadmin to create a new password to access.

Is it the competitor GavickPro are you doing this? It has no logic, I use other templates and some I created and I have no problems. Problems so far only happened with GavickPro of templates.

Would you help me?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:36 am
Hello,

This issue is probably not so clear as you think - strong passwords and clean computer not mean a secure websites. Your websites can be hacked by outdated joomla, vulnerable extensions, poor hosting security etc.

As far as I know currently there is no reported security issues for our templates. And we always fixed the founded ones (but always it was not important exploits which cannot lead to a fully compromised website).

In my opinion currently there is no way to say that it is due the used template - please make sure that you have no backdoors installed on your websites, your pages are clean (sometimes return to an older backup not helps, because hacking software can be hidden for a few months before it starts evaluating their code), and please also add more hardening options to your existing websites.

GK User
Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:05 pm
So unfortunately I do not know what happens. The server said it was personal vulnerability in joomla, not installed any plugins to more than the original downloaded by you. The only change I made was to update to the latest joomla.

But the question was whether or not someone had reported a problem here on the hacked site should be server failure even now find strange is the other case always delete the password and return to standard type "admin" and "admin".

I appreciate the contact and I will see what will happen here. Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:33 am
Personally I don't know any similar case to this one.