New templates - ideas & renders - Volume 2

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:37 pm
I just remembered I started this post almost year ago: https://www.gavick.com/forums/general-discussion/new-templates-ideas-renders-45165

Since then very few templates have been submitted to Gavick site, and due to that, community displeasure culminated in last months.

Then, finally, Robert made official statement few weeks ago where he explained current situation and shared some of his thoughts. It was relief to finally see either official or unofficial communication between Robert and community.

Regarding to that, community (including me) made supportive answers and showed quite patience, again. More than few offered assistance (in both, development and support), someone suggested abandoning "lifetime" subscription (you have my vote there as well), and other positive statements shoved that community is willing to stand by GavickPro and gave us all hope in Gavicks' future.

However, something didn't change, and that is possibility of short/mid/long term planning within community. We need to finish our projects, but we still do not have a clue of what is waiting for us and will that fit our needs.

So, I still think Gavick should provide more info about upcoming templates - type, features, design, renders (scratches, drawings, screenshots...whatever). New templates are coming rare and we need to know what are we waiting for.
Senior Boarder

Robert Gavick
Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:28 am
Hi Hippus,

Thank you for you message.
I think all needed information you can find here and https://www.gavick.com/blog/joomla-3-5

At this momoment we are working on getting all our supported J! templates and extensions updated to work with Joomla 3.5.

PS: What do you mean: "We need to finish our projects, but we still do not have a clue of what is waiting for us and will that fit our needs."
Are you creating projects with non-existing theme?
Administrator

GK User
Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:24 pm
Hi Robert,

yes, I have already read all blogs and announcements and I do understand why is that, so you have my full support in forcing your priorities...

So...
a lot of us have more than few opened projects. We know clients expectations and we know what templates and extensions are available for that. However, lack of new templates make our new projects look similar to old ones, and by good planing we can avoid that. For example, we have ability to change module views or positions, switch colours or make some custom work etc...
Also, we could plan our priority projects and change our schedule if we knew what type of template is coming next. For example, if I have 6 projects to finish until May 15th, and I know next template will be suitable for some "start up" business showcase and ordering (big graphics, parallax, mailing, e-commerce...), I can leave those two projects for later and avoid 10th usage of Quark template in last 4 months. All I need is short info - some short announcement of type, features and screenshot.

Tnx for your time

Ante
Senior Boarder