After all, that what is happening to the Gavick?

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 5, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 5, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 5, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 5, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 5, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 5, 6.00 on the average.6.00 out of 6 based on 5 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:27 pm
Shape5.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:30 pm
I use both, and think that's all the same employee photos on one of the templates once. I am disappointed that my lifetime membership doesn't include updates, and at least a few new templates. Even if the subscription model is removed, and new templates are sold, which I think should be the case, old members should still have access to updated templates and new templates, especially those of us that paid for Lifetime memberships. I believe that's the right thing to do.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:10 pm
I wouldn't mind seeing my lifetime membership transformed into a 1 year membership if that meant something for Gavick future.
Whoever i'd expect Gavick to stop selling lifetime memberships, otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

At this moment I'd settle with a frank statement by Gavick on what their current situation is and what they are plannign to do about it. If anything.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:00 am
OK, this explains a lot.

I'm happy for you to scrap the lifetime memberships and move to a yearly subscription model starting immediately.

However your business does face significant competition which is far ahead of you when it comes to creating a lightweight but powerful WP framework. And WP itself is changing to a more REST API centred approach. As a member of a range of different services, theme companies and marketplaces in both the Joomla and WP space, my input is that you'd need to either come up with something special which grabs the attention of the WP community, or focus on a more advanced market who are looking to utilise newer HTML5 or javascript stack technologies such as Firebase and move away from the heavy CMS-centric approach to a create a space in the new web developing world.

Personally I think that you are in a good position to do this, but either way you need to cut ties with the life memberships and set yearly subscriptions based upon usage/features.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:15 pm
Gavickpro is out of market
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:26 pm
I hope they push their templates to GitHub so at least the community can help maintain. That way Gavick can focus (undistracted) on Publii.

Currently it feels like we are pulling a dead horse (Dutch saying)... Time to move on with Joomla 3.8 (issues with new router), 3.9 (whatever that may introduce) and 4.0 (a whole new arena) on the horizon?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:52 pm
We are thinking in create a web based company to support and update gavick products, we have a lot of clients with gavick products
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:45 pm
ancadia wrote:We are thinking in create a web based company to support and update gavick products, we have a lot of clients with gavick products

Sounds like you should make an offer to Gavick in order to take over their business. Otherwise I don't see how you can build a business around their product.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:45 am
Nop, we create a new brand to develop Publii themes with Gavick Style.

We think that publii is the future no joomla or wordpress.

Themeforest kill that market.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:34 am
I am a life time member and that was a complete disappointment for me. The downfall is not recent,the website has been underperforming almost for 1-2 years...

I will not extend my subscription with joomlart, i will not "pay" them, i am refusing to pay them, because i am a lifetime member of this website...

I think you have to put one "download all content" link for your customers to download all your content easily before the closing day...
Junior Boarder

Robert Gavick
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:41 am
Hollo Ocey,
We close the business, and we will no longer support products.You do not have to pay again for the products you bought before. All your files are yours. All of them you can download until 18th October. But if you still want to get support and updates of Gavick's products you can take advantage of the Joomlart offer.

More information you can find here: https://www.gavick.com/blog/the-future-for-gavickpro and on our Facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/gavickpro
Administrator

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:13 pm
Robert Gavick wrote:Hollo Ocey,
We close the business, and we will no longer support products.You do not have to pay again for the products you bought before. All your files are yours. All of them you can download until 18th October. But if you still want to get support and updates of Gavick's products you can take advantage of the Joomlart offer.

More information you can find here: https://www.gavick.com/blog/the-future-for-gavickpro and on our Facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/gavickpro

Many thanks for all your hard work over the years. I have utilised your templates on the couple of sites I run on more than a few occassions and always ended up with a great end result.

Best wishes to yourself and anyone else involved after the doors shut on what has been one of my staple Joomla sites for nearly a decade. :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:46 pm
I think you have to put one "download all content" link for your customers to download all your content easily before the closing day...

+1 Make it at least an easy end...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:28 pm
I agree .... it is to much and time consuming to download all ....
Senior Boarder

Robert Gavick
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:31 pm
I will try to deliver these package tomorrow.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:31 pm
Thanks .... ;) :D
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:30 pm
Robert Gavick wrote:I will try to deliver these package tomorrow.

*sigh* i just saw this message... after a 6-hour panic run to make a backup for myself, lots of clicking and downloading and the occasional "access denied - link expired" message from Amazon AWS. (Seems that the download links are only valid for ~5 minutes - if you let the download page idle in a background tab then the download links are already expired when you get around to clicking them, but a page reload/F5 will fix that)
Fresh Boarder

Robert Gavick
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:28 am
I just created a package. Now you can download all of Joomla themes with one click. https://www.gavick.com/download/joomla-themes
Administrator

GK User
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:06 am
Robert thank you,
But you know that the templates will become useless after a short period of time, (when joomla 4 is out) You should have found a better solution for the "life time subscribers"! I am still hopefull...
No one will remember this type of an exit with respect :(
Junior Boarder

Robert Gavick
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:01 pm
Update : Lifetime membership plans would be continued post gavick exit with lifetime access to downloads and lifetime support via ticket system along with 6 months of updates. Lifetime members need to fill in the form by following the following link: https://www.joomlart.com/joomlart-gavick
Lifetime members who bought Support plan can request for refund by following instruction updated here >> https://www.joomlart.com/joomlart-gavick

Ps : I hope you will like this move, I did everything I could do.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:20 pm
Robert you did your best and for me I am happy with this solution!! Thank you and I wish you the best for the future!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:18 pm
Thank you Robert, now it is better for us and also for you.
I wish you great success in your new business life.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:12 pm
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:57 pm
Fresh Boarder