How to determine if template is Beez or Protostar compatible

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:27 pm
Hi there,

I have a major (to me) problem. I've been using 'music' theme on my site for a while on Joomla 2.5.

Recently I decided to upgrade - and did upgrade 'music' as well.. This far, all is well.

Then I rebuild a few home developed components (based on JCC = https://www.component-creator.com/en/) to support Joomla 3.4 - and that is when trouble started.
JCC has decided to drop text labels on buttons, and this screws up when used with 'music' - and Beez.
JCC argues that 'Protostar' is the default Joomla template, and that provides / supports nice icons. And if I select Protostar everything looks nice again - only - it is not 'music'

Now, absolutely not being a template/ CSS / graphics savvy, I'm looking for a new responsive template that will work like Protostar - and not like Beez...

How do I determine what to look for? Is this something you test?

I'm of course trying to convince JCC to support BOTH default supplied templates - but not having much hope, I need to find another solution...

What to do? Any suggestions welcomed..

BR Frank
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:44 pm
Hi,
we can help only in our commercial products.
In most cases you have to add / override few lines of CSS to fix form fields.
Platinum Boarder