<span>here goes a number</span> is being removed by JCE

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:45 am
I understand that this is not really related to you guys.
Yet on the other hand, it is the feature of your templates that I use alot (and love alot) that suffers from this feat, so, maybe you'd have some advice for me - new JCE began to remove <span> from
Code: Select all
<p class="numblocks num-2"><span>here goes a number</span>and here text of element</p>
constructions. Since I am not that good at remembering code, I was heavily relying on JCE's option of cleaning up code for me. It is really handy that it will remove unneeded stuff and helps alot while editing. I was going to ask on JCE's forum, but you have to pay there to simply pose a question (by a subscribtion for some module I don't need). May be you have some advice, how can I stop JCE from stripping <spans> in this construction? Wrapping it into <div> instead of <p> doesn't work, any other way?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:50 am
Please disable tinyMCE/JCE editor in global configuration (change editor to "editor - none").
This is a general issue with visual editors.
You might also find some help in this article:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... ml-filters

GK User
Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:33 am
Cyberek wrote:Please disable tinyMCE/JCE editor in global configuration (change editor to "editor - none").
This is a general issue with visual editors.

That IS general. Cyberek, I know that disabling it hurts/helps. The problem is this: I do not really remember all the code (my work is actually alot different from coding - I am a writer in this sense, yet if everytime I need to decorate an article I would outsource coder for it, I'd go broke), thus have to rely on JCE's cleanup. And all up to few days ago it did work well with proper settings. But now they've updated something and rendered JCE useless for me. Just like always "good is an enemy of the best". I was hoping for a workaround, or some replacement for this coding...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:48 am
Perhaps you could revert back to previous version of JCE?

GK User
Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:42 am
Cyberek wrote:Perhaps you could revert back to previous version of JCE?

That did it. Thank you. Do you think JCE might be open to hacking? I mean how safe will my sites be if I do not update JCE?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:37 pm
Glad tidings! Developer of JCE said they'll fix it in next release. It actually turned out to be missed bug, not intended feature! )))
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:00 am
Thanks for the info. To be honest - I have read here and there about possible security issues of using old JCE but don't know if this is still an issue. Hopefully not.