New templates - ideas & renders

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.6.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:41 pm
Can we have some renders, functionality and style for next template(s)?

I'm asking this because I always have some project for which I have to make more customizations than I want to. By knowing how the next template is going to look like (and what will support) I can switch projects terms and give a better sites.

Tnx
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:23 pm
Hi,
according to info which I have ... next May template will be e-commerce theme.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:19 pm
Did we skip an April template? I don't remember seeing anything.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:54 pm
Yes, as you could seen GK changed publishing policy since last year.
But s you might seen in meantime for example SteakHouse & Quark got new, alternative style etc.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:01 pm
hmmm... that sucks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:06 pm
Why does it sucks?

Right now I have 5 sites to make. 2 for small business, 2 for my friends and cousins and 1 for one NGO as a donation. No matter paid or not I want do do best as I can. If e-commerce is next and I like it, I can make now one commercial on Storefront, then switch to 3 sponsored, and after that deliver 2nd commercial based on "May template". That way I can calculate and still be versatile.

Other option is to take template from Ltheme, Rocket or someone else...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:09 pm
It sucks when I am used to Gavick releasing (1) new template each month.

I was not aware of the "exact" changes to their Terms. Gavick is my most preferred template provider but there are some flaws. Won't get into that but as everyone else I am excited to see whats next.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:18 pm
I also prefer Gavick. I love to have standards in code which I can follow. After numerous sites I just forget what I made in which site. That's why I make comments in files and project standards logs. But, despite that, Gavick standards in css code made me thinking in predictable way. I don't want to switch to some wild style code inside articles what others offer. That is why announcement of next template is so much important to me.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:27 pm
But think harder... do you really need new template each month?
I think last templates have big potential and they are unique.. I think this is more important.
Product from factory or from craftsman, this is the question.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:34 pm
Personally, I have new projects for clients every 1-2 months, sometimes more frequently so having some options is key.

Also, the addition of some further integrations would be nice and to create some extensions specific themes or "category" specific. As I said overall I am happy with the Gavick products. They are great, probably one of the lighter weight template providers but I wish there was more consistency with the release cycle.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:04 am
Well, I still think it would be nice to have short introduction to next template.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:53 am
Those previews are mostly published only on GK fanpage (FB)
if you don't see them you can ask via FB.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:28 pm
hippus wrote:Well, I still think it would be nice to have short introduction to next template.

Agreed!
Junior Boarder